Followers

Monday, April 29, 2024

MONDAY CATCH UP...

 Hello everyone,

What a great weekend, playtime all day Saturday, out to my daughters for dinner Saturday night, pizza and wine, then was taken home after a movie, then all day Sunday and today was mine..

So, I'll share a few things that I have been up to, some bits and bobs are not ready yet, but these are..

Out with old and in with the new...well, sort of, I didn't have the heart to biff them...soooo,


I repaired the damage with plenty of masking tape, glued them up, covered with telephone book pages, inked them, and....


On the other shelf in the open wardrobe, this area is not as popular for stuff I use but a very good storage area, so, there they are, stronger and much happier...


The new ones are quite at home along with the cute and very deep file draws..deep as in length..

Next up, a happy and very pretty accident..


I was cutting a big paper bag and thought it a bit too thick, and inside was another smaller bag, and I had just cut it's top off!!


Waste not want not so I lined it with card stock..



see....made it pretty strong..


and then I inked it....


added some beautiful vellum stickers if Iris's..and...


Nestled it perfectly in the box draws or cubby holes I made..

Next..


I was left this tiny box and had a thought...


So, I wrapped it...


Then covered it, in phone book pages...


and inked it...


pretty small and probably not much use to anyone but me..



Adding Iris's...



all sides....



and although small, it houses my black pens and a lead pencil that make the bottom of my other hold messy..plus they were always tipping and getting in my way, so to speak..



and it fits in there just right..

So, there you go..
Thank you so much for stopping by, I'm still covering boxes and decorating, downsizing all my big containers and stock..

So, I'll see you maybe tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx



Challenges to enter..

C.R.A.F.T challenge  [ Recycle - anything goes]









12 comments:

Janette said...

Love all your creations Chrissy, so much better than chucking in the bin and the flowers look so pretty on your new boxes. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it all looks so lovely Chrissy........gr karin

Chris said...

Your re-cycled and repaired storage looks great Chrissy. I have some box files that in a very sad state so going to take a leaf from your book and repair them rather than binning and buying new...thanks for the inspiration...now where are those old telephone directories...
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous alterations! I wish you lived nearer I have so many wonderful boxes.... Hugs, Valerie

Sheryl said...

Great recycling projects Chrissy.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

*Vicki* said...

I love how you're sharing all of the different ways you're using these containers! Those flowers are just gorgeous! What a very fun and happy way to decorate your happy craft place! Love your ideas and thanks for sharing!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wundebar! Gosh, I so need to do some re-coverings myself. Do you travel? heehee Can't wait to see more...XOX

Paula said...

These turned out beautiful!

Sarah said...

Amazing re-purposing Chrissy, beautiful and practical xx

Conniecrafter said...

I love how you even manage to make a bag into a box :). Lovely job and the Iris on both of them is just gorgeous!

Lisa said...

It's amazing to see how you've transformed and repurposed these items into something new and useful! The repaired shelves and creatively lined paper bag show great resourcefulness, and the tiny box repurposed for organizing pens and pencils is both practical and charming. Your knack for upcycling is truly inspiring!

pinky said...

You're a re-cycle queen for sure Chrissy. Brilliant ideas. Never though to use old phone books which have now sadly gone, or are they. I will have a search!! Thanks for the inspiration!!