Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

OH,LOOK,MORE BOXES..

 Hello everyone,

Yep, more boxes, but this one was bigger, still made mistakes, but still fun..


this box was a gift box given to me years ago, it was all bright coloured balloons
with a lid and needed a few coats of gesso to cover it,
 then this happened, someone dropped off a roll of vintage old fashioned pre glued wall paper..
so, I covered it..


then added the frame of black, but didn't like it,
 and it also covered the girls faces, well, that wasn't good.


So, I re cut some panels and ...


glued them on top...and made the sure the faces were centered,
 and you could see them...


now I needed corners and remembered this Spellbinders die set from 100 hundred years ago


found it and started cutting..


very happy at this point, BUT, there was a terrible smell in my room,
 it wasn't me or the cat, it was the wall paper, the old paste was smelling..



I carried on and made edging with black card stock on the corners and more edging along the top of the box..


added a label and will add lettering when I know what is will be for..



This is showing how bright the box was..


definitely need to cover the lid, whether I use it or not..


edge inside using a Fiskars border punch...


but left it after that as I love the soft green inside with the white spots..


Lid covered...


Box and lid together..


But as I put the label higher as to not cover the girls faces,
 the lid fits on but not that great..


Never mind, there she is nestled on my shelf right in front of me
under the TV top right.
I just put the lid behind, looks fine..

So, there we go..
thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx



7 comments:

Chris said...

What a transformation Chrissy, your box looks fantastic and fits so perfectly on the shelf. Hope the smell has gone....
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the Vintage looking paper and black die-cut embellishments-your craft room will be full of recycled boxes lol.
Carol x

Margreet said...

Another beautiful box with great papers. Is there still the smell?
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful and gorgeous papers Chrissy, and much better.......gr karin

*Vicki* said...

Awesome job with these boxes Chrissy! I love how you've detailed this one out with the corners and lovely vintage style papers! Lots of fun storage for you to enjoy and organize now!

Conniecrafter said...

Very pretty in your display, I like the touch with the corner treatments and the punch border too, really classy!

Lisa said...

What a transformation! Your perseverance and creativity truly shine through in this project. The vintage wallpaper adds such character, and I love how you adjusted the design to showcase the girls' faces. Despite the challenges with the smell and lid fit, it looks fantastic nestled on your shelf!