Followers

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

BACKGROUNDS..DT # 755

 Hello everyone,

Wednesday..which means...??? yep. LITTLE RED WAGON  time, and our lovely Brenda is hostess with the theme....Create your own Background..

Who loves to do that, I for one, enjoy it immensely..


Not a regular thing to happen, but I made my embellishments and ephemera first.
I don't know why, it just happened..


I use a postage die to cut out the pictures and mats..


Film strips..love the edges on these.


Tiny envelopes with even tinier tags inside..


Then someone lay right on top of it all!!!


Got to the inking finally..


Then I had all my bits I needed..


I was really pleased with the colours and how they all came together..


Then background time..with paint..


and I let it run, lots of water, just normal cardstock, 


more..


added a sea green..


bit of black..


more green and blue mixed together..


Done..I'm happy.


sorting out my layers..


The inside with the big oval to write on and some leftover ephemera..


Gold embossed this lovely sentiment..


a bit of dimension, but not too much..


and there she is..

So, there you go,
Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

The Creative Crafters Challenge    ( anything goes)

Creative Inspirations   ( Anything goes)




15 comments:

Chris said...

Another nautical masterpiece Chrissy- you created a perfect background for your beautiful layers and ephemera. I am convinced you were a sea captain...or a pirate in a previous life!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great die that filmstrip...... and fab cards you have made Chrissy......gr karin

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy. That background is fabulous.
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous design with the nautical theme images and pieces! I especially love the film strip die...very cool! You've done a brilliant job with your water background too! Pretty colors!

coldwaters2 said...

I could not help but smile when I saw the picture of that ship in your first photo, I will say that you have created a brilliant card that background is amazing with the mix of colours and it is perfect for the ephemera, I love the little envelopes with the tags all nicely distressed another wonderful, interesting work of art
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background,love all the images and ephemera-great dies especially the film strip.
Carol x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful, watery background! and it is just perfect for all that yummy ephemera.

Janette said...

I have just read Chris' comment and I agree 100% haha, this is a wonderful, nautical design, you do seem to have a 'flair' with them, haha, love it Chrissy. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

It's always a pleasure to see how your pieces come together - it's wonderful. Hugs to you and Honey! Valerie

Paperesse said...

Another gorgeous creation, Chrissy! I am always so in awe of the detail work you put into your cards. I feel absolutely lazy in comparison.

Conniecrafter said...

That is so cool, so much to look at and pretty layering, you always do great backgrounds, I tend to use all the hoards of scrapbook paper that I have

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a fab nautical scene! xoxo

JanR said...

Splendid card, Chrissy! I do always love to see your process. Fabulous die cuts too!

Sarah said...

Another wonderful maritime creation Chrissy. A fab background and it's always lovely to see your little helper!! xx

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com