Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

VINTAGE FOLIO BOOKLET..

 Hello everyone,

I'm struggling a bit with this keyboard, my fingers hurt as the keys are high and heavy compared to my little flat one, bit still grateful that I can be on here..




This project, like most of my vintage projects, started with a manilla folder, kraft colour.


Inside, I loaded with papers and pockets and 
photographs of complete strangers that I think I got to know.




I used all sorts to embellish, stickers, photos, this fellow has a nice smile.


I found lots of pictures of papers and dockets online but also Temu has been a life saver for ideas with all they have to offer...


More tags I made with sprays and happy accidents..


and lots and lots of stickers, washi ones, so they layer perfectly..


A sailors knot across bottom pocket..


Charms, charms and more charms, all nautical in this container,
 I know, I think I have a problem as well...


But look at this, the little one is the normal size we have always used,
 the other one is like a prehistoric, he is huge..


Dida load of stamping on this project too..


new stamps..and very handy..


The front of the booklet with this strapping captain and charms hanging as dangles..


left flap open..


right flap open and this cute little booklet in a folder with papers from Temu
so convenient to pop in the back pocket of this booklet.. 


See....just slips right in there.


using more papers to keep it light in teh pockets..


Tags on tags with tickets...


and a belt to hold it all together, not really, it's a die, but cute huh..

So, there you go, that's it..
Thank you so much for stopping by.
I'll see you tomorrow with a DT..

Thank you so much for stopping by...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

A Perfect time to craft   ( anything goes)

Ally's Angels  ( Anything goes)

Crafts Galore  ( Anything goes)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends   ( Anything goes)








13 comments:

pinky said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Chrissy. So much to entice the eye and I love that you have befriended some strangers photos lol. Keep it up!

Janette said...

Beautiful details Chrissy, bet your really enjoying doing these, so much fun to be had. xx

coldwaters2 said...

I am overawed Chrissy you must have a craft room the size of Titanic, lol, maybe that's where your love of the sea comes from, not that I am complaining I just love seeing all those amazing vintage pictures, tickets and envelops etc, etc, and most important how you put the whole lot together to make it appear it always existed and always looked like that, from a different era, you are an artist with such a gifted imagination and talent for creating something unique that brings not only you but so many a lot of pleasure well done
hugs
lolo

Chris said...

Another fantastic project Chrissy, loving the vintage nautical style and all the wonderful details and elements that you combine so perfectly. The photos of your 'new friends' look great - it's fun to let the imagination run wild and make up stories about their lives and adventures. love the dangling charms a perfect finishing touch.
Hope you soon get used to the the new keyboard.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow what a gorgeous vintage booklet Chrissy, great job......gr karin

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow what a stunning creation did you make. I love all the details on it. Just beautiful.
Greetings Miranda

Margreet said...

Enjoyed all of your photos Chrissy. Another piece of art!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous folio love all the pockets ,Vintage Ephemera and all the embellishments-love the die-cut belt and buckle!
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Wow, another stunning folio! I absolutely love all of the tags and the tickets plus that fun buckle section you've added! So many amazing details my friend!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, just FABULOUS! Hugs!

Brenda said...

Wowzers, Chrissy! This is amazing.

Aimeslee Winans said...

It does take awhile to get used to a new keyboard, so hang in there!
Or get another one like you had on temu! lol Never been on it or tik tok, I stay away, USA press says they both take all your personal info so in case that true I'm hesitant. But I hear it's like amazon which I live on lol and they prolly do that too.
Your portfolio is stunning, really nice work! Love how you seem to make something fab out of the basic stuff.
xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

I am so enjoying your projects that you come up with and such great details on them, great new stamps and pictures but I will have to say that my favorite is that belt die on the pocket, too cool!
Hope you can get use to that keyboard, or you might have to go out and buy another like your old one.