Followers

Sunday, May 19, 2024

SHARING A FEW THINGS...

 Hello everyone,

Have a few things to share today..been doing lot of boxes and also found something rather exciting and plan to use them..


A very old, real chemist docket for developing films dated 22/2/1954..


This is an old letter. dated 29/10 1952 from my late husband's Aunty Hilde and uncle Dicki 
to him and his brother..
My husband's family lived in Burma..Mother born and raised, father in Royal Airforce.


Next up is these telegrams sent to my mother and father the day I was born..
so they can go in the vintage folder!!!!


These are photographs I found inside an old black photo book..
My family..and a couple of my FIL in an envelope.


An old stamp and a newspaper clipping..


These are the photo papers which I'm now using inside a junk journal
So black and so thick, feels like the old blotting paper..


Then I started making things, these old pages I added washi stickers onto them
for journal books..


then started making ephemeras vintage style with discs I had made..


layered them up,then popped a staple through to hold together..


and a few ID tags for fun..

next up a bourbon box that needed attention...


my son drinks these in the evening and never break the boxes down,
so of course I had a thought.


you need to line these boxes as they are thin cardboard, so did that then wrapped it 
with maskng tape..


covered with telephone book pages...


cut a fancy trim for inside with ye old fancy edge Fiskars punch.


then added paper to the box???


fancy edge inside...


fussy cut the rose and bid from same DP 


glued them on..


before and after..


some fancy metal corners..


my collection of vintage lace..


so pretty..




popped on a label and there you go..

Again, I'm sorry for another War and Peace post but it was all so interesting to me..

I'm loving my decorated shelves with all these boxes which I will share soon,
 it all looks so pretty.

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you soon..

Luv CHRISSYxx








11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow fantastic old paper and photo's Chrissy and beautiful boxes........gr karin

Margreet said...

I enjoyed all your photos in this post and it is so great seeing how you bring things to life.
xxx Margreet

Janette said...

I confess I love old telegrams and pics, letters the whole lot Chrissy, I have so much and could never part with any of it, even cards my dad sent my mam, so I guess it makes more sense to condense into a nice book for history I suppose, I know my grandkids would love all that.
I love your box, so pretty, lace and all, your getting a nice collection there. Happy crafting. xx

Chris said...

How lovely to find all those family mementos and photos- real treasures! Your vintage folders will be the perfect place to keep them safe. Love your new storage box for the lace, it's beautiful.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the decoraed box and all you Vintage ephemera.
Carol x

Sarah said...

What a fabulous post Chrissy, I loved seeing all the original treasures and they are going to look fabulous all catalogued in your own brilliant style xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Once again, I am gobsmacked at your creativity, wow! But tell me, do your days in NZ have more hours that the days in Europe? - you get sooooo much done! Have a good new week, hugs, Valerie

Aimeslee Winans said...

It's 150% a Creatvity and Memories Post! I just love how you incorporated your family heirloom documents into this project. What a fabulous heritage! And a wonderful box for your vintage lace and ribbons, xoxo

aussie aNNie said...

I have a whole album I did of my parents life and voyage to Australia from Poland, all the papers are restored and just love seeing your find.
Fabulous design of a recycled box and the papers are so stunning..xx

Conniecrafter said...

Great projects with your upcycling, lovely way to display your pretty lace, and gorgeous ephemera too!

coldwaters2 said...

Once again Chrissy I am totally gobsmacked you have created something beautiful out of absolutely nothing these two projects are outstanding of course I am rather partial to a bit of vintage so these are a big hit with me, you must be thrilled to bits seeing your craft room beginning to fill with storage items handmade by yourself, I also meant to congratulate you on your top pick I was so happy when I saw it on the challenge blog, me personally would award you the Crafter Of The Year Medal, if there was one, lol, you must realise that you are such a big influence on so many crafters, including me, you take me on a journey to another dimension and believe it or not I stop to think of thigs I could do that could make my work just that little bit more special so thank you Chrissy please keep up the superb work like these awesome projects
hugs
lolo x