Followers

Sunday, June 16, 2024

PANELS BUT A BIT DIFFERENT..

 Hello everyone,

Sunday afternoon here and the sun has just slipped behind the clouds, so back inside from the garden and get a post up, sharing something a bit different, probably not the first in the world to do it, but first for me..

Toilet rolls, what do you do with yours?

I made panels..


When the rolls are empty, I wipe them over with hand sanitizer
that is smeared over my hands then push through my big shot which flattens them really well, then pop them in their own special box I made. and they wait for me to play with them..

Today was the day..


after splitting them and flattening a bit more I covered them in book pages..
then reached for my favourites at the moment...stickers.


So stickered them up, no rhyme or reason or theme


added butterflies for a tiny touch of colour..this made about layer three on each,
 no bulk as the stickers are washi and very flat..


See, layer on top of layer..


my field note stamp in red in the background, love that..


stamped red numbers too..


added my men folk on each with a large die cut number,
 and now a hanging tag ephemera..
Big circle disc, small circle disc with PC made numbers on them,


all held together with a black bulb pin...how fun..

and one on its own 




So there you go..
I made a bucket load of numbers on the computer as
the stamps were so expensive, red, black, and green
and cut them into strips to add to things, they work and
I'm happy..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Aloha Friday   ( Masculine )

Crafty Catz   ( Anything goes or a twist - masculine)

Allsorts challenge   (Masculine )










18 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

they are beautiful Chrissy......gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Love your panels Chrissy and all the stickers and embellishments.I have made a mini album using the inserts as pockets,and a great tip use your iron to flatten them and kills any germs on there too-last time my iron was used tbh lol.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts.
Carol GDT x

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous, as always, I love how your tags come together, fabulous! Hugs!

Janette said...

These look fabulous Chrissy, I have never used loo rolls but have used kitchen towel ones, same when cut down I suppose. Anyways, I love these and all those fabulous bits and bobs, amazing. xx

Dawn T said...

Superb upcycling your toilet rolls Chrissy. Stickers are such fun. I'm just starting to get a few supplies for my cardmaking.

brenda said...

A super collection of perfect masculine themes makes and equally so for our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks for joining us. However, to be eligible you do need to identify which one is your entry (i.e not a collection).

B x

Margreet said...

You're so creative. Even from toilet rolls you manage to create stunning pannels!
xxx Margreet

Liz said...

Super creations and great recycling. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Chris said...

Your masculine themed pages look fabulous Chrissy...from such humble beginnings too! xx

Sarah said...

Absolutely genius Chrissy I am going to look at loo roll inners in quite a different way AND I am going to save mine too!! Lovely to see you at Allsorts xx

aussie aNNie said...

YOU ARE AMAZING. Now recycling toilet paper is one of my accepted ideas as so much goes to waste land, good for you my friend and wonderful designs, great designs x

brenda said...

Thanks Chrissy.

B x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Lovely assortment of vintage collages!
I've saved rolls and papered them use as cord holders and to wind my ribbon and lace around them, still have some that way. Never done this with them. I do use cereal/food box chipboard and save the backs off paper pads. I just now took an empty tp roll and cut it to flatten. Ours in America has diagonal layers that curled up immediately, so I doubt I could use mine for what you've done. Y'all's looks thicker too. XOX

chrissy xx said...

Wowzer! So much detail!
LOve your colours and designs Chrissy.
Chrissyxx
I cut my toilet rolls in half. Have used them to grow seeds in lol, Especially handy for beans and sweet peas, they then get popped in the soil to disintegrate.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What great masculine projects, I love the vintage vibe and your lovely layers and stamping too. Many thanks for sharing at Allsorts.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

Lol, toilet rolls are certainly not on my recycling list Chrissy, lol, in fact Bella loves to chew them to bits, I am honestly totally amazed at each project you create but this has to top them all, toilet rolls, lol, you have made me smile Chrissy something I haven't done for awhile, thank you, I actually think each one looks brilliant love those washi stickers and the numbers also the vintage male figures I also like how you have added those circles with a little charm it is so detailed and they are super fantastic, thank you also for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

*Vicki* said...

These are stunning Chrissy! Your recycled TP rolls are such a great idea and I love using them for different projects too! I haven't done it in a while though! Wonderful Vintage bits and pieces and the papers are very cool! Wonderful inspiration my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

They look fantastic, great collage work with them, and great finding ways to save some money on your ephemera too. I have a bag of the rolls I saved during the pandemic because I saw a wreath you could make out of them but I never ended up doing it, maybe this is what I will have to do :)