Followers

Monday, July 29, 2024

MADE IT !!!

 Hello everyone,

Have few pictures to share this time and a tag for Tag Tuesday..But first..


My son  (youngest) was home for a few days from working away and 
decided to make me a bench inside my craft room wardrobe..


Holly came to help../


and just walked right on in..


So there it is on the angle...
I had bookcase and a funny cabinet in there and although it worked, this is going to better..


Because now, my printer is here by my computer, so when I push print I can just sit here and wait, instead of leaping off my chair and running  to get around my workstation and whack the cardstock to make it go through..I also have my sewing machine to set up so I can sew my cards and tags again..



yes, I lost my seat when I got up to photograph..

But here, I'm nearly sorted, have a couple of shelves to put in, and I will have empty spaces...soooo, that means ( I have to shopping..shhhh...)


While all that was going on, and I was told to keep out of the way and stop cleaning,
I went and made these papers out of stickers, books, scraps of anything laying around..ripped and glued over and over again, and they have dried so thick and crunchy, they will make good booklet or journal covers....

Onto my tag..


I made a light sky background the ocean horizon..



Oxides turned pink??



added some brown paper for sand,
and lots of paint pen bouncing to make the foam on the shore.


An island in the distance and a yacht sailing by..


and seagulls flying high in the summer sky, 
this is where I would like to be...

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Luv CHRISSYxx


Tag Tuesday   ( Summer Holidays)



and a win..













12 comments:

Janette said...

Its so good to have our boys to help out and he did a lovely job Chrissy, that will be smashing for you.
Love the papers you made and the tag looks wonderful, do love the beach.
Congrats on your win, not surprised that is one of my favourite cards. xx

Margreet said...

Your son made you a great extra working/storing space, thanks to the great help of Holly!
Sleeping on your chair shows she agrees and needs a rest after the hard working.
Your tag is beautiful!
Congrats on your win!
xxx Margreet

pinky said...

Wow there is a lot going on at your house Chrissy! Well done to your Son for sorting you with the bench and shelf! It certainly sounds like it will help you out a lot. I have just got a space in my craft room for my sewing machine too so fingers crossed I get some card stitching done!! I love your gorgeous tag. So clean and very appealing to the eye! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.

Chris said...

Gosh, that new work bench will make life so much easier Chrissy- how lovely to have the space for your sewing machine too!
Holly obviously knows the 3 second rule and never lets an opportunity to grab a comfy (and still warm seat!) go by!.
Beautiful summer tag, a lovely tranquil seascape.
Congrats on your win at Crafty Catz.
xx
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

that looks great Chrissy .......and a beautiful tag you have made..........gr karin

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous summer tag Chrissy.
Your son has done a fabulous job - your craft room is looking great
Lorraine x

Michele said...

oh lucky you to have your son make you a bench! and i'd love to know more about how you made papers from leftovers! but i was really here to compliment you on your lovely summer holidays tag and to thank you for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Brenda said...

Love your remodeling! What good son you have, very handy too, obviously. Your tag is gorgeous, looks like the perfect place to spend some time.

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh isn't your son helpful and clever your cupboard looks great like the wallpaper as well, lol. I think your tag is not only nautical but fantastic I do love how you created the sand sea and sky with the boat, island and seagulls in between top notch tag Chrissy
hugs
lolo x

*Vicki* said...

What a very sweet and helpful son you have! He did such a great job making your bench! I'm sure this will be much nicer and more room is always a good thing! (Something I need my husband to do one day! LOL) Your tag is darling with the sailboat! I love your scene and the foam on your beach is very cool too! Thanks for sharing my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

So nice to have such a handy son that will do that for you. It will make working a lot nicer for you.
Love the play you had with your papers and stickers! Your tag is very cool too, very creative with the paint and the foam on the shore, like the neat island out there too, something nice for the sailboat to check out :)

Paperesse said...

How nice to have your son do that for you! It looks fantastic; he did such a good job. And about that tag...absolutely awesome!!!