Followers

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

TODAY IS SPARKLE AND SHINE..DT

 Hello everyone,

Did you know if you schedule a post and then realise that your title is incorrect and you go in and change it, it changes in front of you and on screen the title has changed but your links don't, they still show it wrong..just something I discovered when I had the wrong title last week.. I got my sparkle and shine on the wrong week, so, this week it is " SPARKLE AND SHINE " for our girl JanR's theme for our new challenge over at Little Red Wagon

Now mine don't look like a sparkle is in sight, but in real life these babies will blind you..the shine is there just not sparkle..


This week I used some more of theses papers that are a perfect A5 size..


They were trimmed and glued onto my card base..


then sprayed within an inch of their lives with " Imagine Sheer Glimmer Spray "


when they dried on the windowsill I needed sunglasses to look at them



Try as I might, with the sun shinning on them, the light from my phone on at the same time, nothing, they just will not sparkle, but the gold foil sentiment does, and it all so pretty...


So I made six of them....


The shine..


So come on over and blind us with your sparkle and shine HERE

thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow with a BIGGIE..

Luv CHRISSYxx


.




17 comments:

Janette said...

Oh I do love abit of sparkle, bet they are even better IRL. Gorgeous set of cards Chrissy. xxx

crafty-stamper said...

I actually did know about the title not changing as have already tried a while ago lol. Gorgeous Christmas cards and love the beautiful papers.
Carol x

Paperesse said...

These are so beautiful. Chrissy! You've nailed the theme for sure. Photos never do our cards justice, do they?! I'm always having the opposite problem, shine where I don't want it.

Valerie-Jael said...

I must look for my shades before I come over! Fabulous crTING; GORGEUS CARDS!

*Vicki* said...

Your cards are super gorgeous Chrissy! I love those Vintage style images/papers! The sentiment goes perfectly with them in the curvy font too! I know that the shimmer spray hardly ever shows up in a photo no matter what angle you make it...but I see the sparkle in your stars for sure! Nicely done!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous images and beautiful cards Chrissy.......gr karin

Margreet said...

I believe you concerning the sparkle and the shine. They are fabulous!
xxx Margreet

chrissy xx said...

Wow! FABulous Christmas cards Chrissy.
That's what I like about Christmas cards. Sparkle and Shine!
Chrissyxx

Chris said...

A beautiful set of Christmas cards Chrissy, those papers are gorgeous. I'm sure the sparkle is amazing IRL, never does it justice in a photo! xx

JanR said...

Such pretty cards, Chrissy! I can definitely see the sparkle and shine in your photos...and I totally believe you about needing sunglasses. (: You rocked this challenge!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh they are all so beautiful, don't you hate that the camera just can't pick that stuff up, love your gold sentiment with them!

Imke said...

Chrissi, i hear you about pictures and sparke **lol** same here too.
Your christmas cards are fabulous !

Imke ~ "MY CRAFTYX PLACE

pinky said...

Yes I have got caught with wrong titles before, don't know why it does that!! I love your gorgeous Christmas cards Chrissy and it's a shame we can't all enjoy the sparkle!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant set of festive makes Chrissy love them I did catch sight of a little sparkle but as you say in real life they are eye catching a superb set for sure
hugs
lolo x

Brenda said...

Amazing cards! Your Santas are all so beautiful and I love that sparkle and shine!

Kate said...

Wow!! These are stunning and those papers are absolutely perfect for your set of cards!! I can only imagine how spectacular they must have looked with the sun shining down on them!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh yeah girlie, you change that title and you have to republish it, I only learned that in a DT group post last year. Still makes me nervous to do it, lol. And did you try to photo the cards in LOW light, like light from a lamp off to the side and your card surface at an angle? Because that is the ONLY way I ever get a shot showing shimmer on paper. Grrr! lol Now, your cards look scrumptious and the sentiment shine adds perfect touch to them. Always a gift when your papers are the right size to mat the card base. XOX