Followers

Thursday, August 15, 2024

UNDER AND OVER THE SEA..

 Hello everyone,,,

I have another biggie to share today, another journal book, nautical themed and a whole lot of fun and a few curse words..but fun.



another big white envelope booklet and my signature being attached with washi tape and glue on the outer edge..


see.


all my papers were coffee and tea dyed and some were
 sprayed lightly with water and ink..


I fished out all my nautical ephemeras bought and homemade.


all my papers..weell, not all my camera is not that big..


so here, booklet one end and envelopes the other..


holding them straight with jars of stuff ready for washi taping and gluing


papers bags too after making then into pockets..


This is the envelope flap 


and covered both sides with scarp paper.


Here is both sides, booklet on one side, envelopes on the other..
and the envelope flap is supposed to be the closure, but you will see, NO WAY is that going to work as I quietly overload my pages




I had ephemera made but also, I did a lot of die cutting..


circles and shapes and birds..


corner punching and slots for holder/pockets.


many,many tags were hole punched and an eyelet added..
that was a long day.


Until I had plenty..


pockets added..


lots of pockets.


Birds..


and a very fat book.
no more chit chat, here are the pages..


1 & 2


3 & 4


5 & 6


7 & 8


9 & 10


11 & 12


13 & 14


15 & 16


17 & 18


19 & 20


Center with lift up flap..


Envelope loaded to capacity with tags and ephemera..


lots of small tags..


Some big tags for writing on..


little strips - panels of papers..


paper bag full of goodies..


round tags


more small tags, all nautical themed..




Flap trying hard to reach over...


yep, she' s a biggie..


Very round and fat..


and ended up tied with twine, made life easier..

So there you go, another journal booklet made with an envelope,

Thank you so much for stopping by, I really am sorry I make these big posts, but I need to share 
everything..

I;; see you soon..

luv CHRISSYxx 










11 comments:

Janette said...

Chrissy I love this little chubby book, packed to the hilt with so many gorgeous bits and bobs, its a beauty. No need to be sorry for a long post, I am sure people like to know how you put everything together. xx

Chris said...

Where do I start?? There is so much to be inspired by and to admire in this fabulous art journal Chrissy, so many lovely details and images to say nothing of the clever way it's constructed with all the flaps, pockets and envelopes to explore. I love all your tags, so many of them...must have taken forever to make, it's a fabulous piece of art.
xx

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous journal book my friend! It looks like it was worth the time and creativity to put together with your nautical theme! I'm so impressed with how you've put this together and I love your details with the papers and images! Well done my friend!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Nautical journal, love all the pages, pockets, tags and ephemera-brilliant.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Chrissy what a work, it looks fantastic,,,,, beautiful made.........gr karin

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful nautical themed journal, love all the tuck spots and pockets you have in this too!

Shirley-Anne said...

Worth the visit once more Chrissie .Always read your posts twice just to be sure that I dont miss anything .Your work is amazing .

pinky said...

Oh wow Chrissy that is absolutely amazing. I would be flicking through those papers endlessly!! You are such a hard worker with your crafts and it certainly shows in the finished pieces!! Well done you. I am longing to play with envelopes now!

coldwaters2 said...

No apologises needed Chrissy this has been such a pleasure and delight to read and to look at, I am in awe of your artistic talent, from beginning to end, I really love how you always seem to include a vintage look to your work this appeals to me greatly, all those wonderful pictures and embellishments, I forget that I have got embellishments most of the time until after I have finished making my cards, lol, this is yet another out standing project well done you
hugs
lolo x

Brenda said...

Gorgeous, chunky little book, Chrissy. It's just plumb full of goodies and beautiful on top of that!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Just amazing all the work you put into these! Spectacular journal, xoxo