Followers

Sunday, July 19, 2015

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW FOR LACY SUNSHINE



Hello Everyone...

Have you seen the weather on the telly for New Zealand..whoo hoo...have we had some storms over here...so freezing cold, but good old Napier, where I live, escaped most of it, with just the freezing winds and rain on Saturday and still blowing a bit of icy air around today..Sunday..

And that brings to mind....time for a new challenge over at the  LACY SUNSHINE BLOG

And  for this fortnight we have... Over the Rainbow..

Make creations that feature rainbows and/or rainbow colours.

For my make this time I was given this precious duo called Sarah Jane and Nibbles

Can you tell who Nibbles is?....



Isn't she a cutie...and Nibbles is in her front pocket...her pet mouse.



I coloured Sarah Jane with Faber Castell pencils on her skin..and played with Copics for everything else.....except for the eyeshadow sky..



Don't know why I printed out the sentiment then cut it into individual letters and stuck them on...should have just used the whole words and the project would have been a lot faster..lol..

The rainbow I have had as a freebie with the adjoining clouds FOREVER and coloured it with Copics too....papers from my stash..

So there we go...join us over at LACY SUNSHINE and share your rainbow projects and while you there you could check out my teamies fabulous work too..

Challenges to enter...

Di's Digi Designs   [hand coloured image]

Brown Sugar challenge   [girly]

Card Mania   [anything goes]


Thanks so much for stopping by and hope your weekend is going perfectly...off to find some more socks...will see you tomorrow.

luv CHRISSYxx


28 comments:

Céline said...

stunning card chrissy, love the colors
hugs
céline

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Chrissy. I love the sweet image, stunning colouring and such a fabulous design.
hugs Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous image and layoit, love it

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Chrissy, lovely colours and image.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Chrissy this is truly a delight to see love the image also the wording and the rainbow at the top a gorgeous creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Veerle said...

Love your rainbow card Chrissy. But where is the pot of gold ? LOL
Hugs, Veerle xxx

Pamellia said...

Nibbles is so cute, I suddenly have the urge to adopt a mouse! haha!! Lovely card Chrissy, adore the rainbow, so bright and cheery! hugs :)

Kathy S said...

This is my absolutely favorite song and I used to sing it to my children all the time. Thanks for the memories. You've really done a masterpiece here with your card design and coloring on this sweet Lacy image. Thanks for joining the "girly" challenge at Brown Sugar Challenge. Take Care.

Sarah said...

Wow Chrissy this is fabulous and not just because she shares my name!! Beautifully coloured. Stay warm xx

Chris said...

Cute image, beautiful colouring and such a lovely design. I really like the way you've done the sentiment, may have taken longer but def adds to the design!
Chris
x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chrissy! She's adorable, beautifully coloured, fabulous colours and design.... Love it!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Tammy said...

Great card, the rainbow top is perfect!

Carol S. said...

She's adorable and beautifully coloured. Her little mouse is so cute. Hugs, Carol S.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy, I like the sweet image and the design I am singing the song now
Kevin xx

Annette said...

Fab image and I love the sentiment. The clouds are great too. Lovely background.

Pop's Cards said...

I love this image she is so cute, love your colours too hugs Pops x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh lovely - now I'm singing! Gorgeous card - love the rainbow swooping over the top, and the mouse is too cute. The colouring is amazing as always - love the how you capture the light on her hair - fab!
Alison xx

coops said...

so gorgeous chrissy.fabulous design and bright colours and i love your rainbow and sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Jacee said...

Fabulous Chrissy, love the image, great colouring, and what a great rainbow!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

*Vicki* said...

Chrissy, this is absolutely DARLING!! Love the cloudy background and how you've got the rainbow popping up over top the card!! She is colored beautifully too!! :) HUGS

Kat W said...

This is such a cheerful design with that cute image and your utterly gorgeous rainbow...love how it pops off the top of the card :-)

I think the sentiment looks brilliant cut into individual letters...it was worth the time!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Kat W said...

This is such a cheerful design with that cute image and your utterly gorgeous rainbow...love how it pops off the top of the card :-)

I think the sentiment looks brilliant cut into individual letters...it was worth the time!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card and brilliant colouring of the image, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Pia S said...

Color challenges are really tricky ones for me, so I've never made a rainbow themed card. I actually wouldn't be able to color one without having to look at an image of one. But a rainbow colored card is SO nice, I love colors. And I think you came up with a really cute and clever design for this card.

chrissy xx said...

What a sweet image this is Chrissy..Such a cute little mouse too..When you said 'Nibbles' I was looking for sweets lol..shows what kinda wave length I'm on lol.
LOve your colours and design..
Chrissyxx

Miss Emerald said...

Gorgeous card and amazing coloring. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge. Ileanaxx

Wendy said...

Just popping back again Chrissy to say.....Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight, love this gorgeous card beautifully coloured!
Wendy xx