Followers

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

JUST SHARING SOME STUFF..


Hello Everyone...

Well the holiday is over and I went back to work on Saturday..it was alright..went to work Sunday..it was alright..went to work Monday but it was NOT alright and I want another holiday now, I'm exhausted..lol..

So I have nothing of real interest to share except I went to the store to get some pillow cases, 4 pair, 2 mint green and 2 soft grey, which has no bearing what so ever on what I'm going to tell you next, I just thought to mention the colours in case you were interested..


What WAS interesting is the pillow cases come in these cute plastic pouches..


They have snap lock tops and little pockets on the inside on both sides that you could slide a good size label in if you wanted to and store a stamp set or two..


See...

And then came the cardboard that was around the pillow cases..dimension!!..instead of foam pads all the time..or glue these on the back of water colouring or inking and they flatten right out..

See...

BUT...the best part was the 2 labels already inside the pockets, 8 in total,were shiney.


See...


Flip em over and you have glossy white card...so out came the alcohol inks..


BOOM!!...

I have since played with this and made it look bucket loads better..


So there we have some fun stuff just because I needed pretty pillow cases..

Thanks for stopping by..

Luv CHRISSYxx








17 comments:

Janette said...

There is always an upside to packaged goods Chrissy don't you just love it. Sad your back to the grind, soon be Christmas.. Xx

Chris said...

Great tips Chrissy...just nipping out to buy pillowcases!!!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

great idea Chrissy

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to hear your return to work wasn't too good-hope it gets better!!!Love the section about pillowcase colours lol.Wish ours came in these plastic wallets,I do save the cardboard packing and great tips about the glossy paper mind you I don't have any alcohol inks but might work with other mediums
Carol x

Kath said...

Great use of your packaging - well done!
Kath x

Pia S said...

Great tip for recycling and saving some money on craft supplies along the way...

pinky said...

You are so cool Chrissy!! I will be looking at all packaging before I decide to buy anything just to make sure I get the good stuff!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Great ideas. Glad I'm not the only one saving these lol Michelle

jimlynn said...

Nothing like a little recycling to brighten a day! Great idea on all of that.
LYnn

Lisa Lynn said...

Chrissy you are so creative and great way to recycle. And...you have some beautiful new pillow cases.

Pop's Cards said...

I love that you have found a use for the packaging, perfect use, I hope you feel brighter now, hugs Pops x

*Vicki* said...

What a really fun and interesting find you've done to recycle for your craft room Chrissy!! Fabulous ideas and this is why I keep telling hubby that my room is so full! I need to save EVERYTHING!! LOL! Only us crafters fully understand!

pam said...

Great minds Chrissy, I also saved the plastic pockets, but not anything else.
Hugs Pam x

Wendy said...

Fabulous and creative recycling Chrissy, great ideas.
Wendy xx

Words and Pictures said...

Hah! That's brilliant. I bet the pillow manufacturer never imagined there would be people who could get as much use and pleasure out of the packaging as out of the pillowcases! I know what you mean about how fast the benefit of a holiday can vanish away...
Alison x

Sarah said...

That is real upcycling Chrissy!!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant post and fabulous ideas, trying to play 'catch up' after being away.xx