Followers

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

GLITZ, GLITTER, GLEAM AND GLOW...DT

 Hello everyone,

Today is DT day for Little Red Wagon  and our lovely JAN is in charge as our hostess this week and she wants to see...GLITZ, GLITTER, GLEAM AND GLOW.. so bring on the sparkle ladies and gents, it's time to sparkle...


So, time to die cut trees, lots of them.


and gets out all my glitters in greens and silvers..


using a paint brush to paint on the glue..


and then they were buried under it all..


Some bits were missed


and trying so hard to show the sparkle..


Now I decided to emphasize the missed bits by adding white caps on the trees..


Snow mounds were made free hand and all my trees ready to go..


Used navy cardstock for the background and just added a moon with white ink and a sponge..


Layered uo the trees with snow mounds..


Just kept going..


and the last three..


Each layer had dimension..




Then I added more snow under the trees..


I tried so hard to get a photo of the sparkle with torches and sunlight, my old camera used to show it well but this one doesn't...but trust me, it will blind you..

Thank you so much for stopping by...


Come on over and show us your sparkle HERE

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Dream Valley Challenge  [Lots of layers]

Simon Says Monday challenge  [freezing cold mood board]






19 comments:

Janette said...

Winter wonderland Chrissy, what a beautiful card, love all those trees, so frosty.xx

Valerie-Jael said...

So beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Beautiful scene with all those glittery trees. Great piece of art again!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Your wintery forest scene is magical Chrissy- makes me think of Narnia in the snow!
xx

Lynne said...

Fabulous wintery trees Chrissy and thank you for your lovely birthday card x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning scene and gorgeous wintery card, you so amaze me xx

jimlynn said...

Lots of sparkle and lots of beauty! So pretty and I love all the trees.
Lynn

Brenda said...

Can you imagine walking through your beautiful, sparkly forest? So beautiful!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! The mix of green glitter over your trees look amazing Chrissy! I love the added snow on top of them for this wonderful winter scene you've made! I love all things sparkle!

Paperesse said...

Wow! Love your forest card, Chrissy. Like all your cards, it's stunning. I am in awe of your work. It would take me a year to even make the trees! I hear you on photograph quality. It's always tough to photograph glitter. It just doesn't seem to turn out right, no matter how you do it. Still, we get the idea with this gorgeous card. You nailed the theme!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Chrissy love all the sparkly snowy trees
Carol x

Doni High said...

Ah, Chrissy...I am in awe at the beautiful scenes you create and I think this one tops them all! Hugs!

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

JanR said...

I wish I could see it irl so I could enjoy it in all it's blinding splendor! (: Amazing card, Chrissy! Such a beautiful forest scene and all the dimension is wonderful.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely Love the gorgeous and so real scene you have created, you really are very clever.
Faith x

Conniecrafter said...

I can only imagine how much it sparkles, lovely forest of wintery trees!

pinky said...

Great idea to glitter up your trees Chrissy. Love all the layers to this one, so gorgeous!

Kate said...

Such a gorgeous wooded scene, Chrissy!! Your snow-capped trees look amazing - so I'm glad parts were missed so you could turn them into part of your winter wonderland!

Glittertastic said...

Wow - what a beautiful glittery scene - so Christmassy!
Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!