Followers

Sunday, November 6, 2022

RED BIRDS FOR CHRISTMAS..

 Hello everyone,

Well after the marathon of giggling snowmen I need some quiet time and nothing nicer than birds..

So, I die cut some birds in different shades of red and made some Christmas cards with non traditional birds..


Lovely little die and so easy to put together..
two shades of red and a brown wing..


Got berry branches ready,
 left them white and added red Nuvo drops for berries..







1,2,3, steps and fir branches were done..


Kraft PAPER, I cannot read and thought it was card stock!!


But it stamped and embossed alright, so will gradually use it up.


Made sure that birdie would fit on top of sentiment after making my cluster.



Clusters ready..


Then used a sponge dauber and did this for snow..


Mmmmm...


Needed splatter..


now those were done.. time to add the bird and foliage cluster..


So getting ready for that..


Done..plus some snowflakes were scatter around..


And not too dimensional, they still fit in standard envelope and go in flat..


So, that was eventful and fun, then I found these in my stash all printed out, from last year I think and decided to set myself a challenge..


My challenge to myself is colour these 10 cards and keep them as one layer..

Can I do it, can I, can I ..we will see..

Thank you so much for stopping by and also for wishing Tyla a Happy Birthday in yesterday's post,, he was so chuffed..

Luv CHRISSYxx







14 comments:

Margreet said...

Wonderful cards with that adorable red bird. Always love to see your making of.
Good luck with your personal challenge!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

You put so much into your amazing creations, just love this one.. we are covid house atm, so taking it easy xx

Janette said...

Beautiful, love the birds and the branches and that wonderful snowy background, just beautiful.
Look forward to seeing the snowmen coloured up, I am sure you can do it, just don't use markers, it goes right through doesn't it, have fun.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are so beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I'm in love with your birdie cards Chrissy. Wonderful creations.
Go on one layer, you know you can do it!
Hugs
Faith x

Chris said...

Chrissy it's always fascinating to see how you build up your fabulous cards! These are beautiful with the little red birds and clusters of foliage!
Enjoy the colouring!
xx

jimlynn said...

The birds - branches - greenery - snowflakes.......wow! Everything is perfect! Love the way you added the birds wing in a different color than the red. Makes them stand out so pretty.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Your red cardinal birdie is so tweet!! :) I love the way you've put together your pine arrangement as well! Always fun makings going on in your craft room!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards and dies-love the little bird and fir branches
Carol x

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... such a gorgeous holiday creation! Great design! Chrissy <3

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Chrissy. Love these cards

Brenda said...

Gorgeous cards, Chrissy! There is just something about dotty paper that I love and that sentiment is fantastic.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my I may like these even better than the blue ones, I like his wing being Kraft, love the greenery arrangement with him, and the look of a frosty background is so pretty with it!

pinky said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Your shading technique with the sprays came out so perfectly. Gorgeous cards Chrissy! Good luck with the snowmen!