Followers

Friday, March 17, 2023

FRIDAY IS HERE...

 Hello everyone,

I've been having fun making drink coasters..then family saw them and away we went, can you make this type, can you make these, can you do this, well, of course I can...so I did..and had such a neat time..


I had these coasters in my drawer for a very long time..
and got the urge to use them to make Steampunk coasters.


Sorted out papers [getting real low on these and need more]
die cut my circle and glued on..


The extra bits I cut, I cut in half and glued on...


Just fits!..



Great papers these are..Stamperia




As these coasters are not cork backed,
 I die cut cork and glued it on..






All cut out and ready to cut small one sin half and glue on..




After I sealed them and let them dry,
I did highlights etc with a big brush marker..



Plus sanded the edges for a seamless look..




Over did the inking a bit..


Kept sanding until nice and smooth..


My best friend came out to play and is a magical friend to have, 
makes clean up a breeze..


Coming on nicely..


The difference, sanding and non-sanding..


Finely had a pile of coasters, set of 6


They nestled one on top of the other nicely..


And that's where it all began..

So far I have, Starwars, building, mechanics, cars, petrol pumps, Harry Potter, girly wine ones,
and still they come over and want more..

Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx






10 comments:

Margreet said...

Wonderful pile of coasters. Are you going to show all others too?
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

I saw these on FB, too, really fabulous. Have fun, you are c coasting along just now! Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Well done on this little lot Chrissy, love the theme too. I have done some in my time but not as many as your talking, you must be exhausted, haha. You should do packs of four and flog them at the shop.xx

Chris said...

Ha ha Chrissy - you've started something now! You'll never have time to make another card, you'll be too busy supplying endless requests for coasters! Not surprised you family are clamouring for them, the steampunk ones look fantastic! Can I join the queue please ?
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous great idea Chrissy

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Steampunk coasters Chrissy and love the papers---you are going to be very busy!
Carol x

Dawn T said...

Fantastic project Chrissy. Hope you have taken photos of your other sets too. You are so talented.

pinky said...

You are such a talent. They look very professional when finished Chrissy. I feel your order book will be full of these!!

Conniecrafter said...

These are so cool, look at one thing started :)

Brenda said...

Amazing! It must make you feel so good to have the family appreciate your cool coasters.