Followers

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

FISHING..

 Hello everyone,

Back with a card I made for a friends son who goes commercial fishing, and my instructions were very specific to the point of being bossy and I nearly told her to do it herself if she knows best, ha ha ha, she can be extremely know it all and started telling me how to make a card, but she is my friend and I just look at her and nod..what else can you say..


So, I started by die cutting a fishing boat..


and gathered up my onion bags..


One of my instructions was a red snapper, so printed out a big one..


and die cut lots of smaller fish..


And there they are..


Very quick colouring of the boat, I sprayed it.


Blue panel inside a plastic bag..


and added lots of those silicone beads you get out of packaging
that suck up moisture..


along with a few micro pearls...


added clouds on the top half..


All the fish got googly eyes and "trapped in the net"


The boat put in place..


and done..

The funny thing she does when ordering, she never wants a card or project personalized,
she takes them blank then adds all her own "Stuff", and she has plenty, ruins the card then sends it as her own work, or stashes it in her house..yes my friends, she is a hoarder...I used to be her carer!!

So, there we go, done and dusted.
Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx



12 comments:

Janette said...

I think this is spot on for the brief Chrissy, that boat looks brilliant and the fish and perfect. Sorry to say I would have had a few words for your 'friend', you can imagine...she sounds a handful :)) xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Oh how did you hold your tongue back, friend or no friend, but I am sure this is appreciated and you are the professional right? xx

Chris said...

Fabulous card as always Chrissy, cleverly designed to incorporate your friend's requirements. It's a shame to think she might spoil it by adding her own stuff- I think you're very kind hearted and have a lot of patience and self restraint not to tell her where to get off!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

o wow fantastic and looks gorgeous Chrissy
you use everything

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant Chrissy love the boat and little fish.Should have shown her you craft room and said there you are lol
Carol x

Margreet said...

Sorry to say that your friend is a little bit of a nusance.Wonder if she love your card. Well, I surely do. Great way to put all together!
But.....where is the big red snapper???
xxx Margreet

jimlynn said...

Fantastic plus! LOVE this one Chrissy!! If your friend doesn't like this something is definitely wrong. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Conniecrafter said...

I can't see what she could add to this wonderful masterpiece you have made, that boat is perfect and great idea for the fish, that bag works great for the net as does all the goodie you added to the water!

*Vicki* said...

Once again you've created such an amazing nautical scene! I love your use of those onion bags and they make great use for a fishing net full of those textured fishes!! Love that you've done the shaker card with it too! I know they will love your card for that guy! :)

Sarah said...

How composed you are to take that kind of instruction Chrissy and still make such a brilliant card for her!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness Chrissy, this is just amazing, I think I am going to take the fact you printed then die cut the fish, and try to remember that for future use. Simple but so clever, even thinking of it. So much texture and colour, it could be out at sea. A fabulous creation.
Faith x

Brenda said...

Amazing card, Chrissy. I absolutely love your little scaled fish. You are patient is so many ways.