Followers

Friday, May 26, 2023

MUSHROOMS,BIRD AND BARK..

 Hello everyone,

I thought when your kids left home that was it, not come back at forty three years old and start nesting!!!..and pinching my cat off me!!!..whats with THAT!!. 

Okay, settle down, time for more bark a bird and mushrooms, my favourite fungus..


I started with the bird this time,
 I think he was going somewhere else and didn't fit the bill, 
so now he is here..he was doe cut then pressed into ink..


The background panel,
 just a cardboard flap off a box and I peeled the paper layer off to expose the corrugated bit..
Then started spraying..


Big fat juicy mushrooms..
coloured with oxide inks then water splattered for that spotty look..


See..


When dried, they went a bit pink!! 
and I had holes to fill as these were too small for me..


So filled them I did..
with Nuvo stone drops..


Changed the panel,  then I added texture paste..


Then painting it with paints and inks..and the straws got some paint too..
I needed the straws for logs.



Added straws all painted up and moss glued on with tiny gold micro beads too..


Stone drops on the mushrooms, you need to watch these because they dry really hard and SHARP!


Gold embossed sentiment and birdie..


And I ended up with a tag..

So, there we go,
Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you Monday...have a great weekend..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...



Elibelles Crafty Wednesday  [anything goes]

The Male Room  [Animals]


















17 comments:

Janette said...

Fabulous, really love all the textures you brought to this one Chrissy. The mushrooms are brilliant and the bark and the 'logs' are simply amazing. Its a gorgeous tag.
I know what you mean about kids and funny enough my youngest is same age and done same thing....but Holly!!!!!!!...well thats abit much hahaha...xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the way you design your bark, looks so real, absolutely brilliant, love your style x

Chris said...

Those mushrooms look amazing ! Love how you've coloured them and added the stone drops, what a clever idea. The whole tag is fantastic, wish I could touch it.
Some people have no manners- invading your home and stealing your cat- what kind of behaviour is that??? Bet you're really loving having him with you Chrissy! xx

Diane said...

Wow, a very uniquely beautiful tag, so creative!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

KarinsArtScrap said...

looks fantastic Chrissy

gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, sometimes our kids are naughty! Love the mushrooms, so beautiful, hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

So love this! Gorgeous bird and mushrooms.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant love the mushrooms and textured background and you know my son loved it -yes youngest son(35yrs) and DIL came back last year after losing their studio and flat after lockdown-Daughter(50yrs) was already here after her toxic relationship finally ended and came back to help look after hubby was diagnosed 5yrs ago with alzheimers and vascular dementia-so we are now a full house plus pets lol
Carol x

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness the colors, layers, textures and images. This is incredible.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is really clever and so brilliant looking! I'm in love with the texture you've achieved on your background and those mushrooms turned out awesome! It's a gorgeous tag my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, I just love the effect of splattering with water gave to the mushrooms and the added texture you gave to them, cool look of moss on your logs, great tag!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I keep saying it, but you really are clever and so very artistic. I love the details, straw logs? WHAT? You blow mind. Incredible visits to your blog every time Chrissy.
Faith x

Ellibelle said...

Such wonderful details and beautifully done!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's me again! I'm so happy to repeat, how wonderful this tag is. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Sarah said...

What a marvellous woodland tag!! xx

Brenda said...

So good, Chrissy. I do love mushrooms and all that lovely texture on your gorgeous tag.

Fiona said...

Such a great tag with some much work in it - thanks for joining us at The male Room Challenge however to be in our top 5 we do ask that you also include our graphic in your blog post.