Followers

Thursday, June 1, 2023

GETTING WARMER..DT

 Hello everyone,

A new challenge starts today over at LITTLE RED WAGON  andI'm the hostess this week with a new challenge..."GETTING WARMER"- USE WARM COLOURS

I know, you would  think I would say, use Sunshine colours but I'm zooming into Winter and warm got stuck in my head..

So for my project I made my own colours with inks etc and made flowers...


I also had a few leftovers which I brought in, they are a different warm colour and the butterflies too, they just matched so it had to be..


I made a box and had card bases and matts ready..


Very old scrapbooks papers, I cut all mine in half not long ago, no reason for it really..


My beautiful orange daisies..


Setting it all up..


and starting the gluing process, and started using cardboard again for the dimension behind the flowers, there is so much of it floating around my room and it gives great dimension.



Card and box..done.


I think I have made this flower in nearly every colour there is..


The box with a simple die cut "Just For You"


What can I say??


So do come and join us HERE  with your warm colours..

Thank you so much for stopping by..Ill see you later on..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

613 Avenue Create    [anything goes- Say it with Flowers]

Cut it Up   [send me flowers]






18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Chrissy, love your creativity x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card and box!
You definitely know that you have a cat in the house....hahaha
xxx Margreet

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Thanks for the warning when I visit your home. Don't get up for any reason at all! LOL Isn't it cute the way kitties enjoy being where we were? I think it is because it's all "warmed up" LOL

Your floral creation is magnificently put together, and so beautifully detailed! I admire how much you accomplish, and long for the days when energy was normal. Thanks for sharing your masterpiece and box!
hugs,
de

Valerie-Jael said...

So glad you are so considerate of your kitty, standing is surely good for you! Your floral piece is gorgeous, love the colours. Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and matching box love the beautiful warm coloured flowers,my sons dog is the same with Helen as soon as she moves-she is in her spot and pretends to be asleep lol.I used your tip using cardboard for dimension definitely works and cheaper than buying foam pads.
Carol x

jimlynn said...

I knew you'd do something beautiful with all those flowers and leaves. LOVE the pretty colors too!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

And I knew it would be something amazing to see...and your card is gorgeous Chrissy! I love the added butterfly at the top and all of the texture and layers of your flowers! Beautiful! I think you got the seat warm and so Holly wanted to have some of that warmth! LOL

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous box and card Chrissy

gr karin

Sarah said...

She's just keeping it warm for you Chrissy, what a thoughful puss!! Honestly our dogs are the same, one will jump into my space and the other into Martins!! Love this companion set xx

Chris said...

Gorgeous card and box Chrissy- knew you would make something wonderful with your fabulous flowers-love the colours but don't want to think about Autumn- I'm still waiting for summer to start!
xx

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful warm colors they are, I am drawn to fall colors and this is beautiful and such a lovely box to go with it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely a gorgeous pair and gift for anyone. Beautiful work.
Faith x

Janette said...

Beautiful, love the colours and a matching box does wonders, so lovely Chrissy.xx

Paperesse said...

This is a stunning card & box, Chrissy!!! The warm colors are perfect for summer. The texture on both projects is amazing, so lifelike! - Shani

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Chrissy,
You definitely nailed the warm colors! I love this. Thanks so much for a fabulous response to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Imke said...

Wonderful box and great take with the warmer colors challenge.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

So warm and cozy, love all this warm colors and beautiful flowers.

Kate said...

First of all, that's just too sweet of your furry friend! Our cats do the same! It's wonderful you have such a lovely crafting companion - even if your seat is stolen at every opportunity!

Your cards with homemade orange colours are fabulous! Such lovely daisies!