Followers

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

NAUTICAL EPHEMERA..

 Hello everyone,

My son has just left my home after sorting out apps and more network things for me to watch, I'm so excited as I love TV and films and series and stuff to watch or listen to in my craftroom, so I'm all set to go..

I'm back with another nautical, I'm getting a lovely stash of it for the shop and can't wait to get it out there..


Ephemera, one of the easiest layering systems for me, and dies cuts, but I'm thinking of what you can buy in a packet, already cut and coloured and ready to go..


My papers are to die for, they are gorgeous and I'm telling you now, when they come back into the stores I'm grabbing them again..


I'm using a lot of scraps now to make these cards and really having fun with them..


even cutting these skinny little strips and gluing then down can make such n impact..


See..


This port hole needed something for my ship to sit in, so using
a scrap I cut and wave...


and fussy cut the smallest of the ships from a sheet of paper, 
and gave them an edge inking with dark grey.


More scraps and more strips


and dimension...love it..


Ephemera along the bottom, layered up, hiding bits, but that's okay...


out of my stash I had these gold 3D star brads..
so punched a few holes and added them..


and there you go..DONE!!

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafting from the Heart   [ anything goes]

Make my Monday    [ use patterned paper ]

Lost Coast Portal to Creativity     [For the Men ]






16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing 😍 nautical scene which you are great at making.. love the port hole and candle in the empty bottle.. stunning xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and very beautiful card Chrissy.......gr karin

Janette said...

Fabulous, I mean so fabulous, I just love all of it and the porthole with the wave, wow, it looks amazing Chrissy.
Don't get me started on all the TV apps, so many to go through and some of the series are amazing, right now I am up to my ears with Jeff Lewis, sadly he is gay and lives in the states and is far to young for this old girl, but haha, but his shows are brilliant. xx

Margreet said...

Beautiful nautical card Chrissy. Love how you used the ephemera.
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

A fantastic nautical card Chrissy, gorgeous papers and ephemera, beautifully collated and fab dimension.
Enjoy your Apps and tV programs - hope you and Holly don't miss your son too much.
xx

Brenda said...

OK, that's it...I'm making a nautical card before the week is out. This is another beauty, Chrissy and those papers , oh, absolutely amazingly beautiful!

Valerie-Jael said...

Really beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

Sarah said...

That's gorgeous Chrissy and fab that you are using every little scrap!! Wonderful dimension and interest xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant Nautical card Chrissy,fabulous papers and Ephemera,love the little porthole.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Exquisite creation Chrissy full of all those wonderful embellishments another outstanding, jaw dropping card I LOVE IT
hugs
lolo x

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic, I love how you used your scraps to make the waves outside the port hole and all the wonderful goodies all around, great details!

Heather said...

So beautiful, Chrissy - love all things nautical, and these are some stunning papers to boot! Perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

*Vicki* said...

Such a brilliant card Chrissy! I don't blame you with the papers as they're gorgeous! The way you've put together your porthole is very clever and all of the elements came together beautifully!

Sue Jackson said...

What a fabulous nautical card. You used the scraps of the gorgeous patterned paper to your advantage and the effect is stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. I hope you'll play along with us again soon. Sue - DT

pinky said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! So beautifully put together, as always!!! I love watching/listening to tv too. Have fun and let us know of anything you recommend!!

Laurie said...

Wow! This is just amazing. You have put so much wonderful detail into this. It's very special! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!