Followers

Thursday, February 8, 2024

NUMBERS...DT

 Hello everyone,

We are having a numbers theme this week at LITTLE RED WAGON  and Imke is our lovely hostess and her number theme relates to special occasions and anniversary etc..

This card was made for a special little girl who made it through her chemo an d doing really well, considering she was informed she would not make it to 7..

My direction was, clowns, but not big smiley clowns or a Pennywise..from IT, well, even Pennywise scared me so he was not in the picture at all, but these little darlings were perfect...found then on the net..


I chose matting from the colours in the pictures..


and could not make up my mind which clown to use so a double easel was the answer to that...


I die cut balloons in similar colours and glued on their strings..


Then took a good look at the balloons in the pictures
 and they were water coloured sort of.


So mine then got a good water colour wash over them...


and popped in place..


the extra went inside and the big number 10 helped as a stopper..



added some gold stars...



made sure it was propped just right..


and there she is, all done and ready to go...


So, come on over and join in HERE


Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you later on with DT number 2..

luv CHRISSYxx






14 comments:

Janette said...

This is extra special for a very special girl. A beautiful card, I think the clowns are adorable. I am sure she will love it Chrissy. xx

Margreet said...

Great idea to use both clowns (I absolutely don't like clowns, but these are so sweet). You made perfect matching balloons.
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

I am not a lover of clowns I always think they are scary but these are so adorable and cute I love them also the balloons and the sentiment a superb card Chrissy
hugs
lolo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card and all the best to thqat brave little girl! Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Wow! These clowns are so super sweet! I love the coloring in them and your card design using them both is brilliant too! I think this is a very special card for a very special child! Congrats to her and she will love it! HUGS

KarinsArtScrap said...

fun, colorful and very beautiful Chrissy........gr karin

Chris said...

Reading your comments Chrissy I see I'm not alone in being a bit scared of clowns...as for Pennywise, just don't go there!!! However, these are really sweet and don't look menacing in the slightest, I'm sure the little girl will love them and this sweet card. I love the way you coloured the balloons, a perfect match for those in the image.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Special card for a special little girl.Love the clown images you found and your watercolour balloons.
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

So happy for that little girl and I am sure she is going to just love these cute clowns, your balloons go with them perfectly!

pinky said...

I am loving your easel cards and the clowns on this one are just gorgeous. I will bet it was well received!

Kate said...

This is so wonderful - especially considering the miraculous celebration!! Those clowns are adorable too!!

Brenda said...

I love this card for so many reasons, especially the celebration of a very special girl! It always amazes me the things you find on the web to create the perfect cards.

JanR said...

Great card, Chrissy! So many fabulous details!

Imke said...

Special card for a special girl ! I love it, the clown and balloons are perfect for a b-day card and the inside is great too.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE