Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2024

A WOODEN LID..

 Hello everyone,

Well, I DO feel silly..I thought I had the project that no one else new about, not thinking to read how many followers and views of videos this person has, I just saw what I thought was awesome and did my own spin on it, and now I have seen at least another 20 to 30 videos sharing the same thing, still, my spin is a little different, but I'm very disappointed to say the least..

I'm still not quite finished and will share next week as this week I altered something else..as sometimes when you doing something quite big. you just need a break because an idea pops into your head when you least expect it, and you just have to put away stuff and go with it....this is what happened here..




This is the lid to a skin care product my daughter was buying..
apparently it does NOT make you look 20 years younger, who would a thunk!!


So, I scored the box and sliding lid and moved it to get something and an idea just popped into my head...


out came my water paints, not my palette paints, these are in tubes, thick and 
a lot of fun to make a bark look...


and that is what I did for my background...


and this picture is a piece of water colour mop up paper and to me it looks like a moth..
that is for another day..


When dry, I ripped some scraps of paper to fit onto the panel corners..


Glued them down and made sure the little scene was down the bottom...


after inking of course...you have to ink, it is the rule.


I was going to use, or wanted to use this Owl, 
but he was a bit too perfect and not enough ripping area..


So went with the stag and ripped his edges...


and, after a severe inking he was put into place, but, not permanent yet...


more inking..


some more ripped panels all inked...


I had a couple of white leaves die cut laying around so used them up..


and then they were sprayed heavily as I wanted water colour type look
in the corners..


and then I was done as far as I could...


Final photo, I changed the lighting a bit to make it moody..

Well, that was fun, if those papers were a little thinner I could have blended the edges better, but they were thick, very thick, so the inking had to do..but I like it..

Thank you so much for stopping by, 
I hope you are all well and having a great weekend..
I'll see you tomorrow, or the next day maybe..

Luv CHRISSYxx

P.S. keep checking that little spam comment box, I found a heap in there the other day..

Challenges to enter....

Creative Fingers Challenge   [ anything goes]

C R A F T challenge   [anything goes]

Creative Inspirations   [anything goes]












15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful make
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Chrissy, love it........gr karin

aussie aNNie said...

Chrissy this is brilliant a most outstanding work of art xcx

Margreet said...

Amazing project Chrissy. You're the queen of altering stuff.
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Your upcycled lid looks wonderful Chrissy, a beautiful stag in a mysterious deep, dark forest, so atmospheric!
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous, as always. Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

This looks brilliant Chrissy -fabulous transformation love the magnificent stag and all the inking.
Carol x

Christina Panetsou said...

Fabulous work!!! Love it!!!

Janette said...

Love the upcycled lid it looks great, I think if you wet the edges of the torn papers and then as you glue down go over them they seem to settle better, it works for me anyway Chrissy !!!!
I really hate when I have what I think is a great idea and then realise someone else did too, it really puts a dampner on things, but I am sure yours will be amazing.
As for the spam thing, well that was why I put my comments waiting, a friend recently had to close her comments because the spammers are running head on, which was sad because she is one of the top crafters I have ever come across it makes me so mad because now I can only comment on FB for her and as you know I am having a right time of it on there...phew, rant over sorry, hahaha..xxx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Chrissy this looks amazing I love all the torn edges and inking you always seem to set the papers in exactly the right place with the Deer added this made me think of Alaska for some reason an outstanding piece of art
hugs
lolo x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I just love how you mixed your background with papers with their backgrounds and the deer looks so great with them, I do love your touch of green in the corners too, another fabulous creation!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! That is such a stunning wall hanging Chrissy! I love how you've taken the wooden lid and used it for this purpose as well as the way you've done the woodgrain look to it! Absolutely brilliant and very nicely done with the woodland images too!

Sarah said...

You are still the Queen of uocycling Chrissy. LOVE the woodland theme here, it's gorgeous xx

Brenda said...

I totally agree with Sarah! Queen of up-cycling and dies for sure. This is such a cool make. You definitely created a wonderful scene for your wood and your deer. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautifully put together x