Followers

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

FOUND THIS FOLDER..

 Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry, I found this folder and it should have gone up first before my other playing card projects, it was in another folder..I'm getting a bit careless and need to pay more attention and NEVER say, I will remember that!!..fatal mistake.

Anyway, here we go..



This long job was the very beginning..cutting out the card centers
 and I found an easy way by finding a pattern edge on the back of the card,
 and just followed that edge.


They were not perfect but good enough..here I was adding the double sided tape
the glue with the slippery cards was too sticky and hard..


so, each and everyone got a window...then sealed the two together only
on three sides though,
 leaving a gap up the top..


Now to sprinkle in the sprinkles..this is where you find you made boo boo's 
and had sealed up four sides and show total confusion as to why are the sprinkles are falling all over the desk!!!


Before inking this time, I sanded the shiny surfaces so ink would stick better..


and it did..


I made five in total..


and really had a good time..


and you can see right through them.. Fun!!

Now I may as well share my card while we are here...


Navy card stock strips of left over white and nautical papers..


pre cut some holes in the background..



The inside had a bigger scrap to use, in fact it was the perfect size..


Then I added the playing shakers..


and used some of the tiny shaker card sprinkles to decorate.


They look so cute..


I also added the tops off the joker cards..


and using my punch I punched out the centers of a couple of leftover cards
and scuffed the little bits up with my sandpaper..


See...
and glued them together to make it all so much easier to stick them onto a project..


I had theses typewriter keys papers, 
they were a freebie many years ago.. 
and cut them into individual numbers to spell out happy.


DONE!!

A masculine, or feminine poker playing shaker card.

So, there you go!..

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I will see you tomorrow, twice.

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...
   
The Unicorn Challenge   [ For the Boys/Men ]


Dream Valley Challenges   [ Dies and or punches ]

The Creative Crafters    [anything goes]








9 comments:

Brenda said...

Very cool, Chrissy! I love those little shaker bits.

aussie aNNie said...

Now this is stunning and a very clever created card.. love this and your design xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and a great idea Chrissy.........gr karin

Janette said...

These cards of yours are a great idea Chrissy, I am sure they will take off, alot of work but worth it. xx

Chris said...

Chrissy, you never fail to entertain as well as inspire! I can just imagine you wondering why the sprinkles were not behaving as they should! Those shakers do look amazing as does your stunning card.
xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that would make it a bit easier to cut them out having something to follow on the other side. Those little shaker playing cards are just the cutest and so perfect with this, I like the typewriter keys for the sentiment :)

pinky said...

You are so imaginative Chrissy! What an excellent idea and the finished card is awesome!!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant creation Chrissy I love the shaker element with those little sprinkles all those added elements of both bits of the playing cards and the typewriter keys all blend wonderfully together stupendous work
hugs
lolo x

*Vicki* said...

You've done such a brilliant job utilizing every part of those playing cards! I love the shaker frames and the tiny shaker playing cards inside...so cute! Love how you've also cut little bits out to use for accents too! Wonderful inspiration friend!