Followers

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

WHILE WE ARE PLAYING WITH CARDS..

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you so very much for your wonderful comments on my playing card project, it was a labour of love and enjoyment, and time didn't really enter into it, even though there was never enough time,or the body got too tired standing doing it,and too hard to sit in my room.. 

It was not my original idea I just changed it up a bit, I first saw it on You Tube by Maggie, Sunset Crafts and more..she does al ot of vintage stuff and I'm hooked..[ more expense]

So, moving along...what do you do when you have cards leftover....turn them into shakers, so I did..




I made a tag, cut a hole, and glued a clear shaker card inside..
The shaker bits are very tiny playing cards from Temu..


I always do things backwards, and now it is time to make a background!!!
I had to try the card first in case it went wrong..


So old book page scraps, patterned paper scraps, inking,
and some text stamping..




Then using tiny set of card, I cut them in half..


These are to add to the sides...


Like this..
and at this stage ,
I had added a black flap and punched the hole on the top..


and even smaller strips tucked under the tag, 
and a number die with a pretty photo of a lady..
 [ I got these  [ photos ] free off the net and out of a very old photo album..]


I made that little tag of numbers, they are too expensive to buy, for what they are, and this hobby is expensive enough and so I made my own, in fact I spent at least 3 hours printing cutting and inking one day to give me a wonderful stash of them...


Time for a topping..


I made circle tags using numbers and vintage stickers
and tied them on with string until my ball chain arrives then I'm
going to learn to make dangles, that will be another post altogether...

So there you go..
I didn't stop here with the shakers either, again, another post..

Thank you so much for stopping by, 
I'll be back tomorrow, so see you then..
Have a fabulous week...I know I will, postie coming, whoop whoop..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter,,,

2 Sisters on the blog  [add a number]

Ally's Angels   [anything goes]

Love to Craft    [anything goes]





12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another fantastic tag, you certainly don't do things by halves! ugs, Valerie

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great tag Chrissy........gr karin

Nicolette said...

Very nice card.
Thank you for sharing it at 2Sisterosntheblog.
Nicolette DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaker tag and love the teeny tiny playing cards.
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Oh boy Chrissy, 'shake it baby' your design is amazing, the tiny tiney cards are incrfedible as shaker inserts.. only YOU can come up with something so origional.. xx

Chris said...

Chrissy this tag is amazing, such an inventive way to use up those left over playing cards! Love the shaker with those teeny tiny playing cards inside and the clever way you've carried the card theme over the whole design.
xx

Janette said...

Those tiny cards are so cute, the tag is fabulous, just love it. xx

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific idea to use the left over cards. I so love how you cut the little cards up and applied them around the sides. I like your little circle tags you added too, I have not made any dangles yet for my junk journals but I am slowly getting things to make them, plus I have a lot of old jewelry I plan on using too :)

Margreet said...

Love those tiny cards as shaker material. Love the tag with all details. Incredible how you come up with this idea.
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

A brilliant tag and such a fun idea to use more of those playing cards and turn it into a shaker design! Love the Vintage style too!

pinky said...

I have been dying to get over to your blog for days to see this process Chrissy! Absolutely amazing!!

Caroline said...

Nice card.
Thank you for joining our challenge at 2Sisterosntheblog.
Caroline DT