Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2024

FUN FOLD..DT

 Hello everyone,

Well, you didn't think I had given up on my nautical cards had you..lol..Gosh I will slip one of them in every chance I get sand this week over at AS YOU LIKE IT  I am your hostess, and my theme is show us your favourite Fun fold..

Well, to be honest I only ever fold my cards in half and add lots of stuff to make them fancy and never really fun fold anything, not that I don't like them when I see them, I think that they are amazing, some I have seen blow me away, but, I'm inclined to put them in my too hard basket, but I took the bull by the horns and made one, simple but fun..


So selected my papers, most were scraps,
 even that tiny strip of red I kept because you never know...


Then this happened...!!!!!!


Did some die cutting and getting organised..


and played with the life ring again...love it, it's so big..


Cut it, inked it, added the red bits, and siler loops, 


DONE!



So, my fancy fold was, fold card in half, fold the front half back


pretty fancy huh!


then added a panel smaller than the front and my life ring..


Die cut sandy lumpy rock type things..


and Stanly came to have a look around, so I sat him on a barrel..



Got out my lettering stickers..


and made a sentiment..


added more seagulls and wasn't that paper a good find with the lighthouse on it..


There's my fancy fold card standing up and you are going to see this style more often I think..
and possibly already have..


And DONE!!


So do come and join us HERE  

our sponsor is Rachelle Anne Millar with $10 prize..





So, there we go, thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you soon, maybe Saturday with another playing card project..

Luv CHRISSYxx






12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Great nautical card and fabulous fold, Love Holly who obviously didn't want you to have those papers as shown on your blog, so cute xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great card Chrissy.......gr karin

Janette said...

A gorgeous 'fancy fold' card Chrissy. I do love the nautical ones you make, I have a 'thing' for these, this is lovely.
BTW I did smile to myself at Holly and the fan on your desk, gosh a 'FAN', not something you see often in these parts, haha...xx

Chris said...

It's a great fold Chrissy, not too complicated but gives you plenty of space for your lovely die cuts, you chose the perfect mix of papers too- the result is a stunning card.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Nautical cards are really your speciality! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Gorgeous nautical card with that big life ring. You made a great fun fold and I love how you paperdressed the panels.
Adorable Holly....
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous nautical card Chrissy,love the Zfold,great papers,all the seagulls and the lighthouse.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely brilliant creation Chrissy I am so glad that you are going to slip in a Nautical card or two because they are so lovely and full of so much detail this one is yet another excellent work of art I do love the colours and all the embellishments you use I love it
hugs
lolo x

*Vicki* said...

Well clearly Holly wanted you to focus on her and not the card! LOL Your nautical card is so stunning and I love the Z fold card design too and probably one of my favorite styles! Well done!

Sarah said...

A gorgeous fold Chrissy and another gorgeous nautical design xx

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful beachy card, I love the surprise you get when you open the card too, laid out perfectly with your fold, I am like you and don't really go for a lot of different folds but they do make for some pretty cards!

Elaine Stark said...

A really fun card . I love the fold and all your elements. Elaine