Followers

Friday, March 15, 2024

NEXT UP IS A BIGGIE..

 Hello everyone,

Time to share my biggest project ever I think, and let's see if I would do it again, and the answer is yes, I will do another and maybe another as I have ideas floating through my head, it is a wonder I sleep at night.. so here we go..and it's a biggie post as well as project..


No, I did not take up playing poker as I get too excited and let everyone know what I'm holding, but I did buy 2 decks of cards and used them all..


I cut the center out, as best as I could, from the middle of the two sets..


And carefully looked after them in cellophane bags until I knew I was ready..


Then when that time came round, I glued a cellophane window on one card, then glued it's matching self onto other side and sandwiched that cellophane in..


You can see here...


inking the edges didn't work as I forgot to lightly sand the cards,
 so the ink would stick better, so as I get frustrated at times, 
 I used my markers..lol..


Washi tape and a bit of grunge and I was on my way..




For the hearts set, which this is, 
I played with Tim Holtz mini paper dolls, I really enjoy them now,and
make little stories about them, not out loud, just in my head..


For my first time using them I didn't do too bad, although this fellow should have been leaning on something


I found some mushrooms stickers to add, added them on wrong side, he could have been leaning on them,
but hey ho, learn as you go..


So, there's the first two..



lots os stickers and things to add interest..



moved onto #3


Then #4


reached #8


back to #7


I like #5


added a fern on #8



and finally I reached the end..
Thirteen cards all done and dusted and ready for next set...

Gosh, I had such a wonderful time, I very nearly didn't eat and the right eating time in my house as I was so wrapped up in what I was doing..

Can you handle another set in this post....


Time for the clubs, and this time I went on a toadstool spree..


Same beginning...washi tape and inking..



and also these gorgeous vintage stamps I found at Temu..


My toadstools are die cut and the caps were separate
and glued on top..I love them.. 


So here we go gluing toadstools and caps and putting them on the cards..


Then the thought hit me, too much red,
 I needed colours to go with my stamps, so.....


I die cut caps in Yellow, Green, and  Orange.
no purple as I could have headed to Halloween and didn't want that..


so a few stickers too here and there...


and looking good..
 [ you know how I love my mushrooms and toadstools]


and then we had a set of clubs..I love these ones..

Well, my word, that was a lot to take in, so I'll be back probably [my] Sunday with the next two set..
I hope you enjoyed these as much as I had making them and can't wait to show the next lot..
Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll you in a couple of days..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

Crafty Gals Corner    [anything goes]


The Crafty Addicts  [ anything goes]










18 comments:

Margreet said...

Wow, these are amazing, Chrissy. Love both the set with the mini paper dolls and the fab toadstools/mushrooms. You have such big ideas and manage to work them out too.
I wonder what you are going to do with the finished sets?
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing 😍 Chrissy your designs are never ending and now these fabulous cards to show us.. incredible lady xx

Janette said...

OMGoodness me Chrissy, how did you come up with this little lot, WOW, fabulous, I don't know which I like best, I do lean towards the toadstools as I am abit more than fond of them, but they are all amazing. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is gorgeous and fantastic work and a great idea Chrissy.........gr karin

*Vicki* said...

These are so awesome Chrissy! I really love the top set with the Vintage images and distressed edges! The mushroom scenes on the second are very clever as well! It looks like you had so much fun with these and I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness, where do you get your ideas from, these are just fabulous. I'm exhausted reading how you did them, let alone make them. I so admire you Chrissie for your ingenuity. x

Chris said...

I LOVE them Chrissy, what a splendid idea, they look amazing and such fun to do.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW! yOU ARE A CRAFTING WONDER WOMAN! love them all! Hugs, Valerie

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what can I say about this amazing post except outstanding works of art I just had to smile at your excitement you sound like a little girl in a toy shop at Christmas time, lol, seriously I am in awe of the capacity of your artistic streak, I can honestly say that this was definitely worth waiting for the Vintage figures are divine (I love Vintage) the Toadstools are excellent (I love Nature) the finished items are out of this world, I can't wait to see what you have planned for us in the future whatever you create is going to bring so much pleasure to so many crafters also so much needed inspiration you are opening up a whole different world for all levels of crafters I know you have inspired me I always stop to think about things I am doing and you always seem to spring to mind with your extremely wonderful creations, just keep that happiness, excitement and creativity coming we are lapping it up
hugs
lolo x

Arlene said...

Fantastic! Both sets, but I do lean toward the toad stools... Who would believe I am in love with the toad stools. LOL

crafty-stamper said...

WOW these look absolutely brilliant Chrissy,love all the images and dies especially the toadstools.There is a FB page for altered playing cards too.
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Ooops meant to say---THank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Carol DT x

Conniecrafter said...

Wow you did go to town on these. I have heard that the gloss on them is hard to work with at times and you should find a set without that but I haven't seen too many that don't have a bit of gloss on them. I love how you have decorated them up, they are all so cool. I like how you did the colorful mushrooms with the clubs cards!

Vintagegirl13 said...

Wow wow! I've been waiting for this card project Chrissy. I absolutely love these two. I love mushrooms too. What a lot of work you've put in. I just love your creativity ❤️ 🍄

Sarah said...

I am blown away by these Chrissy!! I love them ALL. going to look at the next post!! xx

Ellibelle said...

What a fun project and they all turned out so beautifully. I admire your patients and time commitment but it was well worth the time!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Kim said...

What a great way to use an ordinary thing to create extraordinary keepsakes. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

creationsnz said...

What a great project, I can see why you were on a roll and forgot to eat! They are fantastic, I will look forward to the next set. CarolG