Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2024

PROJECT # 2

 Hello everyone,

Hope you had a good weekend and another great week ahead..

I've been in my craftroom every day and still playing with new stuff [ to me] and I was also given something to play with....business cards, about 500 of them and also gift cards no longer need and about the size of a large tag, so been getting them ready to play with..


Here they are...


I rounded all the corners on each one then glued two together..


Inked around the edges..



and popped on these cute clear washi stickers..punched a hole
ready for an eyelet or maybe just twine, ribbon or string, maybe even ball chain with danglers on it.....okay that's another project coming up, so we will see..




so simple and yet really pretty..


There were a few choice words with some as they didn't peel quite so easy.


anyway I made a bunch of them.


and was very happy..




and the fit perfectly inside the envelopes I shared..




Moving on to the big gift vouchers cards..

The splotchy part is the back of these cards and really nice..


I didn't need to touch the backs but added brown kraft paper on the fronts..
after rounding the corners..


Really happy how they came out and it gave me plenty to play with..


The kraft I mentioned is actually paper not card stock..


It was really annoying as I didn't read the label, loved how it was so cheap for a pack, bought it, and it was paper, BUT it all worked out for these and have whittled my way through the packs by doing this, gluing it onto card stock..




Nice..


started making the black tabs for the tops and Holly dropped in, I mean DROPPED in, 
and lay there for quite awhile..


so, I cut these tabs, rounded the four corners..


folded over the top of the tags and punched a hole..


all ready to go, how neat is that..
I added eyelets to some and finally working that new crop-a-dile
to death..I think it needed to warm up a bit, but got it now..

So, there we go, getting so much prep done and
 steadily working on something else now..
I've gone all vintage now......................I suppose if the age fits.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I have heaps to share coming up and 
really having a great time..

See you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx










10 comments:

Margreet said...

That has been a lot of work, Chrissy.
xxx Margreet

Janette said...

You never cease to amaze me Chrissy, I love the re-use of these cards, brilliant, they look so good, I know what you mean about those rub on thingys though, many a screaming fit from me with those. They look worth it though and the other ones with the back splats all done are fab. Well done. xx

Chris said...

You have been busy Chrissy! So many pretty tags, what a great way to upcycle those unwanted business cards. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Just wonderful, your mind can make plans to use everything and anything! Hugs!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So creative and beauitful x

*Vicki* said...

All of your tags are very lovely! I never thought to create tags with the business cards! Such a clever idea and how great they work nicely with your envelopes too! Love it!

coldwaters2 said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your post Chrissy and what a busy Bee you have been the first tags are beautiful the images are lovely and colourful and how brill that they fit inside those gorgeous envelopes that you made, the next set I can't wait to see what you make I like the sound of Vintage it is my favourite style, I think I was born in another era that's why I love it so much, I used to do a lot in the old days not so much now but I do so enjoy seeing other crafters versions of the period.
hugs
lolo x

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous work Chrissy.......gr karin

Conniecrafter said...

They are all so pretty and I do love the tabs you made for the last ones! I make similar ones for my junk journals, I will have to remember your tab idea to have a change from the ones I have :)

Sarah said...

You are a ninja!! Honestly chrissy you have such an imagination and "see" a use in everything!! Amazing projects xx