Followers

Friday, April 12, 2024

CAT FOOD PACKETS - RECYCLED..

 Hello everyone,

So, I was feeding Holly and her food that she just loves, is Dine, 4 tubes of mousse that you squeeze into her dish or just lay her in your arms and she will swill it down like a baby..anyway, back to her food, I was looking at these packets for along time..



 and knew something would eventually pop into my head,



 and it did..



and I covered the front and back with papers, trimmed and inked...
added embellishments, tickets, photos, lace, stickers tags inside, all sorts of stuff happened and ended up with all these...


Front..


Back...


Tag out..


Front...


Back..


Tag out..


Front...


Back...


Tag out..


Front..


Back..


Tag out..


Front..


Back..


Tag out..


Front..


Back..


Tag out..


Front..


Back..


Tag out..

I am now addicted to these I have made many more, 
I am loving the vintage journey and hope my train never stops..

Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you enjoyed
 what you can do with cat food pouches...

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafty Gals Corner    [anything goes]

Crafts Galore Encore challenge   [anything goes]

Rabisco challenge [anything goes]















15 comments:

Janette said...

Chrissy you will have to forgive me but when you first said 'Cat food pouches', well I envisioned you have to wash them all out to try get rid of the smell and wondered why on earth would you !!!!! hahaha, thankfully I read on and got the whole story, am I forgiven...hope so...Anyways, I love them, am really into your vintage vibe and I hope the journey lasts abit longer too, so many fabulous bits and bobs you added, bet your having a ball in that craft space.lol...
Have a good weekend. xx

crafty-stamper said...

OMG these look absolutely amazing,love all the vintage papers and ephemera-your packs look like the Sheba cat food I buy ours but it's meat and wouldn't like to wash them out!!!
Carol x

Chris said...

Chrissy you are amazing- to think all this started life as, and was inspired by cat food packaging!!! Had to laugh at Janette's comment about washing out the pouches because that was my first thought too- and I was wondering if they were still a bit cat-food pongy! Should have known better!
Brilliant that Holly lays in your arms like a baby to suck the pouches!!!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and gorgeous Chrissy, what a idea......gr karin

*Vicki* said...

I so love how your brain works into turning the ordinary daily items into something like this! I love the tags pockets and how you've collaged the papers over them! Such a brilliant idea and it looks to be so fun too! Thanks for sharing your ideas my friend!

Shirley-Anne said...

I have guessed that there was a separate pouch inside for the food so the pouch you used was clean already But what a fabulous idea Chrissy

chrissy xx said...

Just Speechless lol.
There is only YOU that could come up with an idea like this!!.
FABulous...So much detail...
Chrissyxx

Conniecrafter said...

These are so cool, you would never know how they started and they make a wonderful base for these. Great vintage papers and ephemera, I love the one with trim and the film pictures!

Valerie-Jael said...

You are a walking crafting wonder! Wat gorgeou pockets. I am gobsmacked! Hugs, Valerie

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Chrissy only you could think of making something so beautiful out of a recycled cat food pouch, lol, each picture is like taking a journey into the past, where I love to be, the vintage theme is not as easy as one thinks but you as usual have cracked it and even taken it to another level, I have studied each one with utter and total delight some of them remind me of documentaries I have seen on the World Tours/Fairs that used to take place especially in the Victorian era, these are not just recycled cat food pouches they are true keepsakes and should be treasured. you have managed to blow my mind yet again and I couldn't be more happier this is stupendous
hugs
lolo x

pam said...

Fabulous idea Chrissy, great recycling, they look amazing!
Pam x

Sarah said...

Only you could think of a genius idea like this!! They are exquisite!! xx

pinky said...

Wow you couldn't find anything more authentic or special in a museum Chrissy. They are so gorgeous!!! I am looking at my recycling bin with a new eye!!

Brenda said...

I may have to get a cat...or start feeding my dog cat food. Gorgeous creations.

Sari / Granne said...

What a great idea and brilliant recyckling. Loving the vintage look you created. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.