Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

PHOTOGRAPH...DT

 Hello everyone,

A new week, well, a new Wednesday, so technically it's the middle of the week, but no matter what day it is or where it should be, today is Little Red Wagon  challenge day, and our lovely Kate is in charge and her theme, which is a goodie....PHOTOGRAPH = inspired by a photo of your choice - and PLEASE include your photo that has inspired you whatever you like project...


This our pond in Clive Square Napier..


And this is Clive Square Gardens..
and this is where my inspiration came from..
We have the beach at one end of town, and these gardens down the other end of town..




again, I'm using a wooden lid off a skin card box set..
and found these stickers too..cool..


My Marriane Design water lily dies..


You know this project is not small don't you,
 you are here for wee while...

first off, primed my wood..



Several times to get good covered..


Die cut all my water lily's. 


and with a dauber coloured with oxide inks yellow and pink..


Leaves the same, inked them..


The Dragon fly.......................inked.


Done, and far too many and you know me, I had to use them all!!!


So, after adding blue paint, darker at the bottom fading to very light up top,


 it was time to start adding stuff..



Water lily's first....



The Dragon flies..


I needed fish...
so, I die cut these little fish, fortunately you get several and can cut a few at a time..


they went into place after they were inked around their edges..
they are so tiny, but not difficult..


I then filled all the gaps with Glossy accents, and here, I'm trying to show you the gloss in the water..


added some sentiment strip...

"Live each day with grace and authenticity "


and here she is in all her glory..

The happiest and most memorable times in that park, with myself  and
Mum & Dad, my children, and then my Grandchildren, and
now Great Grandchildren.. and I still love it there..


so come on,
 find a photo, make something and come on over and join us HERE

Thank you so much for stopping by...
I'll see you in a few,..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Dream Valley Challenges    [Spring Colours ]

Allsorts Challenge   [For the love of animals or anything goes]

A Perfect Time to Craft    [anythin goes]

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge   [anything blooms goes optional mood board]

Crafty Animals    [anything with animals goes]
    








17 comments:

Chris said...

Wow Chrissy! Such a stunning project, really beautiful. How lucky you are to live near such a wonderful park.
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely beautiful Chrissy I love the photo's that inspired you to create this wonderful scene from the lotus flowers and leaves to the goldfish and Dragonflies the colours are superb a stupendous work of art
hugs
lolo x

Margreet said...

You are a lucky girl living so near the beach and such a beautiful park with that fab pond.
Love how you made your memory on a card. It is just stunning.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous project you made Chrissy.....gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, fantastic, gorgeous - what can I say more? I can't imagine doing so much for one card, super! And I'm glad that you have a nice place in town where you really feel at home, that's great! Hugs!

Paperesse said...

Maybe I ought to just type 'Ditto' in the comments of every one of your card posts from now on, Chrissy, and save myself typing anything else, letting you know that 'Ditto' stands for 'awesome/gorgeous/stunning/breath-taking, etc.' card, because frankly, all your cards are just that!!!

DITTO!!!

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful memory and fabulous project,love all the beautiful waterlilys and Dragonflys.
Carol x

Janette said...

Absolute stunner, so beautiful Chrissy and nice to know where the inspiration came from. Sounds so pretty where you live. xx

Kate said...

Chrissy!!! This is such an amazing project and your post made me a bit misty eyed. I LOVE that you've got such treasured memories of time at the park with your parents and that you still love your time there with your grands and great grands. It looks like such a gorgeous park.

Those tiny little fish made me smile too.

JanR said...

What an amazing project, Chrissy! I especially love those colourful water lilies. Thank you for sharing your park with us!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning place you live in Chrissy and absolutely adore your gorgeous work of art. this is beautiful x

*Vicki* said...

Such an amazing project Chrissy! I love how you've added that texture for the water! You really did a great job of capturing the beautiful photo(s) of the park! The dragonflies are popping off the panel too! Love it! Sorry for my lateness in catching up...life has been in the way! HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

That looks like a gorgeous park, and you did a beautiful card to go with it, I like the little added fishes to it also, the flowers are so pretty colored and the dragonflies around them is perfect way to top it off!

Donna Walls said...

Wow, this is a work of art and a labor of love. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Sarah said...

That is such a terrific tribute to that gorgeous pond and the link it has with generations of your family. Priceless xx

Brenda said...

Chrissy, this is gorgeous and a wonderful likeness to your beautiful photos. Thanks so much for always showing your process..

pinky said...

Wow Chrissy you never seize to amaze me!! This is a super gorgeous take on that challenge!!