Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2023

ANOTHER UPCYCLE.JUST FOR FUN.

 Hello everyone,

Sometimes you just get a kick! right where it hurts, a let down, a " It won't happen to me" moment, but it did, no biggie, all under control,  and a good thing came out if it too..


Here's my kick, great, every day for 3 weeks but it seems to be in a good range now, must have been stressed at the time, probably all those stupid beads I'm still picking up from my shaker, ha ha ha..
and the good thing??..

 I got a new box to play with.


Papers first...


Sorted....


Cut to size with yellow card stock matt..


several panels, all patterned, but they worked.




Pink on top of green....but I didn't like the sides much,
 so out came an oldie but goodie border punch..


and each corner got it's decorative frill..


Looks like legs..


All trimmed off and ready for decoration...


there's a peep down inside, I lined it as needed it..


Flower time, all these flowers for a quick job were punched..


the cat took off as I punch like a mad woman..
Then they were layered together for a bit of bulk, and I coloured the centers with markers that I die cut from a set..The leaves too were die cut.


And on they go and box folds flat.


There were lots to play with..


and so fast to make..


two sides done...


and some die cut butterflies..
Pink, white and yellow, them mixed them up.


They're getting some decoration too as they are a bit flat for my liking..


Gold embossed sentiment, four of them, one for every side..
and little wooden hearts on this side.


second side...


Third side..
you can see some detailed white dots in the flower centers..


Then the butterfly wings had a dressing..with nuvo crystal drops..

if you ever have trouble getting them out it is because it is too cold, so shove them down your bra to warm up, go make a cuppa, tidy things..DO NOT get in the car and go the supermarket, bend forward at the checkout as your Nuvo drops fly out your bra and the poor bag boy, all of 15, nearly had a stroke..


One...


Two..


Three..


Four...

So there you go, another box altered and sitting on shelf, doing nothing, but looking pretty..

Thank you so much for stopping by,

I'll catch you on Monday..

Have a great weekend..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Craft Rocket challenges   [ not square]

Seize the Birthday   [Winged Things]

Crafty Catz   [Add a Die Cut]



15 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's gorgeous and such a great idea Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

Chrissy, your crazy sense of humour is right up my street, I just love it and couldn't do better myself,hahaha..I will never look at nuvo drops the same again....
Beautiful box, you did a lovely job its so pretty.
Enjoy your weekend, bet you have sunshine, thick frost here this morning, does look good though :)) xxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow,this is stunning. Anesha x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautifully decorated box love the beautiful papers and all the little flowers.Hope your blood pressure has settled down now-take care
carol x

Margreet said...

Love your decorated box (hope your blood pressure goes well??).
I'm sitting here now with a big smile on my face after reading about the nuvo drops in your bra.....and then it flew out of your bra.....poor poor bag boy!
xxx Margreet

Nancy said...

I saw a snippet of this over at Seize the Birthday and then when I arrived I was so pleasantly surprised that you made this from a box. It is really pretty, Chrissy! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday and I love that incorporated the topping in your design.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful make, but you had me laughing at your stories.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and I love all the details.
Hope you're feeling ok now too.
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

This is totally fantastic 'upcycling' Chrissy great choice of papers and such lovely cute flowers superb project
hugs
lorraine x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh it sure is looking pretty, lovely panels and you can just turn them every day to enjoy each side :) I had to laugh of your story of the bag boy, that had me laughing good, thanks for the tip :) Such pretty details in the butterflies!

Chris said...

Your upcycled box is beautiful Chrissy, pretty papers, love the punched edges and flowers. That poor lad at the checkout is probably still traumatised, so funny!
Glad to see you're taking your health seriously and keeping an eye on your blood pressure- hope it stays in the 'good' range.
xx

Barbara said...

Well, there you go a beautiful box ready for anything. Possibly filled with goodies for a special friend, or just for you. I love reading your post and your humor. Thanks for sharing and joining in the challenge at Seize the Birthday

Brenda said...

Chrissy, you do make me laugh! My question to you is, whatʻs wrong with sitting around looking pretty? I would absolutely say this box is perfect for that job, to I might substitute beautiful for pretty. Hope you are feeling well!

Brenda said...

Chrissy, you do make me laugh! My question to you is, what is wrong with sitting around looking pretty? Your box does that job beautifully. I do hope you are feeling well.

Paperesse said...

Wow! What a fantastic upcycle job!