Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2023

AT LEAST TWO LAYERS #700..DT

 Hello everyone,

I hope the Easter weekend went well for you all, mine was quiet, not too much chocolate or food, we have our Easter pot luck dinner in the Sunday [ at lunchtime though] and that was it really, I worked in my craft room for 4 days, did loads, but never really got any further!!..

So today it is time for a new challenge over at LITTLE RED WAGON  where I am hostess this week and my theme is..." AT LEAST TWO LAYERS" tricky for some, but gosh, I love layers of any sort flat or otherwise..

My project is in between..


I just cut papers and cardstock for a matt in spots and stripes,
 then a frame and sentiment and flowers with leaves..

{ hint: don't use hand cream in a craftroom, not a good idea}


Fixed it..and layered it all up with foam tape, so there's approx four layers.


Them my flowers went on, they were die cut and water coloured,
then splattered with black, the leaves were smooshed in paint..


The bulk is down the bottom, makes it stand up better as it is a 5x8 card,
and the leaves just poked in here and there to fill gaps and make my eyes happy..


Pearls scattered about and I was happy all over..


So do come and join us if you can, and if you have a load of layers to share..


Thank you so much for stopping by
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Make My Monday   [frame it]

The Corrosive Challenge   [Anything goes]

Allsorts   [ Anything goes - option- in the Spring Garden]








25 comments:

jimlynn said...

I DO love all those wonderful layers - and love your card too. The leaves are so pretty. Sure wish you could teach me how to spatter like you do. Wonderful card Chrissy.
Lynn

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with those beautiful flowers. Love the yellow color.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and layers Chrissy love all the watercolour splattered flowers
Carol x

Chris said...

You are the expert at layering up your papers and die cuts to create the most beautiful cards Chrissy, love those gorgeous yellow flowers.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Chrissy

gr karin

Sarn said...

Exceptionally pretty card. Love the splattered flowers. X

Dena J said...

This is a stunning card! Just love all those gorgeous flowers against the neutral. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card, magnificent layering and those flowers are sensational.. love your little steps on your blog xx

brenda said...

This is lovely Chrissy, so much dimension as well, many thanks for joining in our Easter fortnight challenge at Allsorts.

B x

Carol L said...

Those flowers are simply amazing and I love how you created them, adding color and spatters along with a wonderful arrangement! What a gorgeous layered beautiful card this is!

Janette said...

Beautiful card Chrissy, love the layers and those gorgeous flowers, and the splashes are a must.xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is gorgeous, I love the colors you used and the dimension must be something else!
I agree I make sure I don't use hand lotion before working on my cards and I also quit doing my nails I went to run down my card one time and got red nail polish on it, never again!

*Vicki* said...

It's so beautiful Chrissy! You're so good at doing all of the layers for sure! Those flowers look amazing and so cheerful! Beautifully done my friend!

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

Es una tarjeta preciosa!
Gracias por unirte a The Corrosive Challenge (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a Stunning card, the layers are gorgeous.
Faith x

Sarah said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!! Love this card Chrissy and it's perfect for the spring garden at Allsorts xx

Linby said...

Beautifully designed and those flowers are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Kate said...

I would say you are the Queen of Layers, so certainly the perfect challenge for you to host!!

Your card is beautiful! I especially like the splattered flowers - and the leaves tucked in to make your eyes happy! :)

JanR said...

Tee hee, this whole card made my eyes happy! (: Fantastic card, Chrissy! You really always do rock the layers.

Imke said...

Chrissy, your are the Layer Queen - your cards always has so many layers. And this one is as always very pretty !
~Imke

pinky said...

Well you are definitely the layers queen for sure. I love your gorgeous bright yellow flowers. Beautiful card!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful card! Love every detail. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card, Chrissy. I just made a card up with this same die set...love it so much. It looks so good in your yellow and orange.

Paperesse said...

This is a gorgeous card, Chrissy! All these layers work so beautifully together. This is THE perfect card for spring. – Shani

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. Stunning dies and colors. So glad you shared over at Make my Monday