Followers

Friday, April 7, 2023

FISH OR MERMAID?..

 Hello everyone,

Once, long ago, I was surfing the net [as my son tells me] and came across a store  that cuts wooden shapes, loke horses heads, hearts, stars, and of cause tails, Fish or Mermaid, I guess it is your choice..

So I bought quite a bit and never used it, maybe one heart, but vowed and declared I must branch out, so pushing the coasters to the back shelf , I fished out my Fish tail and decorated it..also a blast from the past, big brown heavy picture frames, all getting a make over and doing about 6 projects at once..that is always fun, except the camera ends up with well over 200 pictures I then have to edit..ugh!..

So here is my project..


The tail, plain brown thin mdf board..10 inches tall.
and getting a chalk paint coating is a soft blue..


Then  stencil and using modelling paste..


Then I added a sprinkling of glitter from a great height..


Another stencil [TH one]




and used gold glimmer past through it, 



Then had to move the stencil up to get to the top, not too bad.


Lovely glimmer shine..


Now what?..this was about day 3.


I had these strings and self sticky flat backed pearls in my stash,
so popped them in between the gold bits..


Then onto this huge heavy frame, out went the grandkids and in came the white gesso..


Mmmm, yellow coming through..
Did you wash the frame first Christine, no I didn't, 
so there go, wash your frames first!!


The back wood panel was painted in blue chalk paint..


And I spread my bits on it after adding white sponged dots in the background..


Pretty clusters...


Die cut leaves and some shells...


Big glass bubble...


Can see the white sponged spots in this picture..




Inside the frame, but the yellow was stressing me out, I need to fix it..


See the yellow..


added another coat , this time white water paint..
then sanded it, removed quite a bit of paint and the natural wood came through..


Photo bomb!!


So distressed it and photographed it and the yellow is still there,
 but not in real life.

I actually distressed it even more after all this and possibly.
 a photo is lurking in my files somewhere.

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and a nice long weekend..

I'll see you next week, I have to put an end to all these projects, one is enormous lot of work, but having a great time and will share for sure later on..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..


Through the Purple Haze  [For the Girls]

Elibelle's Crafty Wednesday   [anything goes]

Fab n Funky   [use die cuts]

Classic Design   [anything goes]

Mirtillamente Challenge  [I went with fish]

The Creative Crafters   [anything goes]















21 comments:

Dawn T said...

looks totally amazing Chrissy. A real piece of art for sure.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, Chrissy, this is fabulous, I am gobsmacked! You have put such a lot of work into it, well done! This piece woud like wonderful on the wall. Happy Easter, take care, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Delightful design Chrissy, love the fish tail and decorated as you described here. Great texture and result xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

thats beautiful and great idea Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

Oh I love this, bleed through is a problem at times, it does my head in and worse I know you can get undercoat to stop it but who has a tin of that to hand !!!! Anyway, I love the finished creation and it was worth the time you put into it, although whats next has me flummoxed, hahaha...
Have a lovely Easter weekend I already have eggs I will have to give away I can't afford to put more weight on...naughty...:)) xxxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh amazing and stunning creation...love every inch of this !!
Cheers, Dr Sonia

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful and very creative Chrissy.The decorated tail and pretty flowers look perfect against the background
Carol x

Chris said...

This turned out really gorgeous Chrissy- I loved watching it emerge- step by step. Have a lovely Easter Weekend
xx

Margreet said...

Love all the steps you are showing and the end result is so elegant with that tail. You have such great ideas!
Wishing you wonderful Easter days!
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Chrissy, this is absolutely brilliant my friend! I love how you've used your mdf board and the details you've put on it! Such a clever idea to put inside the frame too! I was getting ready to clean out some old picture frames and was thinking about what I want to do with them for home decor! This is really brilliant and inspirational friend! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

That's fintastic and I bet the grandkids won't mind a bit!! Hae a lovely Easter weekend chrissy xx

jimlynn said...

You just amaze me! I swear you have more talent than I could ever hope to have. I LOVE THIS! So pretty and to think it was nothing more than a mermaid tail. Just beautiful and I love the frame too. I never saw any yellow but it looks great with the distressed look of wood coming though.
lynn

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool project, you are so creative, I would never know what to to with just a tail, you made it beautiful! I give you a lot of credit for all the pictures you take, I get way to involved when I am working and I just don't think of pictures. But I just did that 4 card challenge again and remembered to take a picture I will be sharing it in a couple days.

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful wall art, so creative and loving all the details!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

pam said...

Looks fantastic Chrissy, lot of work.
Pam x

Lorraine said...

A brilliant project Chrissy, all that started with a mermaids tail - so creative
Lorraine x

Leanne Crystal said...

WOW WOW WOW! This absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! Leanne, Bylennie.com

Brenda said...

Such an amazing work of art!

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in with your wonderful project!
DT - Val & Nan x

https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

pinky said...

Seriously woman you are AMAZING and so so talented. This is of such high quality and absolutely stunning!

Roberta Cercato said...

Lovely!!!
Thank you for participating in the Mirtillamente challenge
I hope to see you soon!
Roberta DT Mirtillamente