Followers

Thursday, May 4, 2023

SPRING OR SUMMER...DT

 Hello everyone,

Crikey, I nearly put the wrong project up just now, I was a bit excited this morning and lost my train of thought, not a difficult thing for me, just saying..

A new fortnight has come around and so quickly, May already and time for a new challenge over at 

AS YOU LIKE IT

 and Lynne is our lovely hostess this time and her theme is..SPRING or SUMMER.

I love Spring and Autumn, I'm not hot or cold, just right, so went with Spring..


And Daisies, how can anyone not like daisies..


I printed out this picture a few times, isn't it gorgeous, and the die cut daisies were leftovers, and cut them in half just to fill the sides a bit..


Found these coaster discs at K Mart, online, as store locator said they didn't have any  at my local shop, so, went there with my daughter few days later and they had heaps of them!!!


Die cut my daisies into circles slightly bigger for best results, and glued them all down
with a matt medium.




Trimmed the edges with scissors after gluing die cut daisies in place..


Which I have now learned,  cut in paper not card stock, so I don't do that any more..


I needed a strong glue for those die cut daisies and my beloved Nuvo is out of stock all over the world.
I had enough for these and still have some drops in the bottom of my last bottle..


The problem I then had was, the die cuts were so thick on the edges, sanding them was so difficult..
Trimming also was awful too before the sanding, but I struggled on..


If that wasn't enough, I then made a little box for them to go in..


The box loved the card stock die cuts...no trimming needed here..


Coasters nestled inside..


And all  finished with shading around the edges and they do look pretty..
I sealed with them with the matt medium too, so they are 
wipeable



We are sponsored this time with Amanda Jayne Designs
and 2 singles digis for our winner..

So do come and join us.


Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Unicorn Challenge   [flowers]

Crafting From The Heart  [anything goes - no cards]


The Crafty Addicts   [anything goes]






19 comments:

Janette said...

I just love these Chrissy, your right too, who doesn't love them they are so pretty. Sweet box too.xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous coaters love all the daisies and matching box.Would be perfect for or 1st ATG chllenge at Crafty Addicts too
Carol x

Margreet said...

What a lovely coasters with those fab daisies. The box is beautiful too. It's a gorgeous present!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

I love your coasters Chrissy- all so beautifully designed, this set is so pretty with the lovely daisies - love the box too!
xx

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely love daisy flowers and look forward to mine coming on this month! The coasters are done beautifully and such a brilliant idea to make a box for them as well! The blue color really makes them pop!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful and it feels like summer Chrissy

gr karin

jimlynn said...

The coasters AND the box are so pretty! I LOVE all the daisies too. Beautiful project!
Lynn

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic, my clever friend! Hugs, Valerie

Pia S said...

These coasters look beautiful and this is an awesome gift idea!

aussie aNNie said...

Ahh how amazing and how gorgeous, love the daisy die xx

Dawn T said...

Very pretty set of coasters. Must check out my local K-Mart and tried this.

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Chrissy just popping back to say---.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Conniecrafter said...

I am with you they are my favorite seasons too, I hate to be too hot or too cold. Your daises are beautiful!! I too love Nuvo glue, I bought the last bottle at my scrapbook store a few months ago, hope they don't stop selling it.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous coasters Chrissy, the daisy design is so pretty
Lorraine x

chrissy xx said...

Just GOrgeous!
Someone will be getting a FABulous gift Chrissy.
Will brighten up anyone's day.
Chrissyxx

Sarah said...

What a wonderful set chrissy. What a pretty border in your garden xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful gift for someone Chrissy, beautifully made and presented. I love the daisies.
Faith x

Brenda said...

What a lovely, useful creation.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such pretty coasters! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!