Followers

Saturday, September 2, 2023

CRY OF THE WOLF..

 Hello everyone,

Well, well, well, seek and you shall find. I was just nosing around in my cupboards, not really looking for anything, sort of tidying, trying to get inspiration from stuff, when I found this folder, oh, I remember, I was looking for a photo of my grandson with his bare bum for his 21st Birthday party, still haven't found it, saved it for at least 17 years,  he was three at the time, and lost it at the critical time..sooo annoyed with myself, party has been and gone now, but it still haunts me and as I was looking I saw this folder and said aloud...YES, that's where I hid...NOT!!..BUT..look what was inside...


Fancy forgetting, I made this old scrapbook paper folder into my best scrap folder..


with these ones..


and all these..


more yumness.


gasp..


I'm so happy


and a whole packet of light brown kraft cardstock, from who knows where..


So of course inspiration shot through me like a lightening bolt..


and started off with a card base and woodgrain papers..


and a wolf picture off pattern papers from Stamperia which
I had cut into this half moon for some reason, so went with it..


My log round dies using up scraps..


This round die went right over the moon, perfectly..


Pinecones of cause, the wolf was in a forest.


and toadstools because it is damp..


Cheat colouring, just smashed the ink pad onto them..


Gluing the wolf down after I had added cardstock behind it,
 distressed it with scissors and inked it too..


woodgrain slices and toadstools going in along
with the pine branches and cones..


They look lovely against the moon..


And done..I love this one..

No sentiment either, not yet anyway..

and after another wee scroll this morning [ Saturday]
found one win, and one top three.. what a buzz.





So there go, thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Creative Fingers   [anything goes]

Sisterhood of Crafters   [Make a scene]

Ellibelles corner I spy with my little eye  [something for noys or men]















17 comments:

Dawn T said...

Great find Chrissy. Fabulous card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and gorgeous card Chrissy and congrats with your toppers

gr karin

Janette said...

WOW, FABULOUS, how amazing to find all that stash when all you wanted was a bare bum hahaha...I love this card Chrissy and the Wolf wow, isn't he beautiful, all the lovely elements look amazing.
Congrats on the wins again, never ever surprised though...xxxx

Chris said...

Bet your grandson is sooo glad you can't find that photo Chrissy! Love your forest scene with the lonely wolf, the magnificent moon and moody atmosphere- another winner I'm sure!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your win and Top 3 Chrissy.Fabulous card I absolutely love it all-what a brilliant find
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing card, love the wolf and all the other details on this fabulous card. Congrats on yet another win, well why not, you is Good!
Faith x

jimlynn said...

What a wonderful find! WOW! You're going to have so much fun with all these and you've already started with this wonderful card. LOVE this one - the wolf, moon, and everything in between. Fabulous!
Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

Great find and details her with a fabulously created card... love that you found the special goodies hidden in your stash x

Sarah said...

Absolute treasure Chrissy!! a stunning make too xx

pinky said...

What a find Chrissy!! Glad it switched your light back on and wow look at the result. Totally amazing!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card. Glad you found some great goodies, better than a naked bum! Hugs, Valerie

Conniecrafter said...

Don't you just love finding those gems when you are poking around in your goodies :) I need to do more poking around and use some of my older gems :)
Love your creation you came up with, great image and I love your mushrooms with your wood discs :)

Darlene said...

OH WOW! What an amazing project! You're so talented! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Pauline C said...

Fabulous card Chrissy - love all the details. it's great when you come across something in your stash and it kick starts your creativity - great result here! Thanks so much for joining in with this month's "I Spy With My Little Eye" Challenge on the theme "For Boys/Men".
Pauline xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card, and what a stash you have found!

Ellibelle said...

An absolutely stunning creation! Beautiful work with lots of amazing details!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at "I spy with my little eye" challenge!

Darlene said...

Hello my friend ... I have sent you a couple emails recently but have not heard back from you. Possibly they went into your spam ... please drop me an email at akadafney@yahoo.com ... thanks