Followers

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

ELVIS PRESLEY..

 Hello everyone,

Awhile ago I share Steampunk nautical place mats on my blog and a lady saw them and asked if I could make her some place mats, of course I said yes, what do want, she didn't know, so I asked, what colours do you like, plates etc what colours are they, do you like flowers, animals, dancing........ we got no where that day..

So, I sent her away with the placemats she supplied, 5 of them, and said you think about what makes you happy, what makes you smile every day, and when you have your happy thought you come back and tell me and we will go from there.. ha ha ha Elvis Presley, he was her happy spot, so I went from there..


I printed off as many pictures as I could of Elvis, from movies and books and also some records, 45's.. off google search.


I fluked the size of the 45's and they fit perfectly inside one of my circles dies and then one size bigger for the record in black..


found some old sheet music papers and books and secondhand store..
ripped them up and glued them any old way..
Some Enchanted evening, not exactly Elvis..


But it was music for the base and that is what I wanted..
So after loads of fussy cutting and sanding edges and gluing and sealing,
 the mats were done..


He was such a babe..


even in some of his older stuff he was so nice..


Great pictures I found..


Yes, I had a few bubbles here and there, but perfection is over rated.


The records were great and die cut gold music notes
and his name..


and there they all are, she kept four as dinner placemats and one into a plaque.
and yes, she was very happy and went all girly and giggly, bless her..

So there we go,
Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx







10 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Chrissy you did a great job and made a woman very happy.
My best friends would love them too, they give rockandroll lessons so the love Elvis.

gr karin

Janette said...

These are amazing Chrissy, he was a real 'looker', I don't think I could put a cup or anything on that gorgeous face though hahaha, fabulous creations, love them. xx

Chris said...

What a lovely tale of a very happy customer Chrissy! You did a great job with these placemats, they look fabulous, no wonder she was delighted.
xx

jimlynn said...

You can't get any more fun that this! He really was a babe wasn't he. Great placemats and I know they're going to make her happy every time she looks at them too. Fantastic project!
Lynn

Conniecrafter said...

you did a great job on these and very creative way to make them circle place mats, goes perfect with everything!

Brenda said...

Amazing, Chrissy. Honestly I wouldnʻt have known how to handle that request. You knocked it outta the park!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely amazing memory of the Elvis days, fabulous work x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous placemats and love all the Elvis pics -Love Me Tender is my favourite song of his-Saw GI Blues every night for a week when it was on at out local cinema lol
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! YOU are the Greatest, love the Elvis mats and how you put them together, so clever of you Chrissie. Of course, she was thrilled with them.
Faith x

Sarah said...

They are fantastic mats for an Elvis fan Chrissy. Such wonderful details you have added xx