Followers

Friday, October 13, 2023

HALLOWEEN.. LAST ONE...NEARLY.

 Hello everyone,

Back with the last, or nearly last, I have one more DT to share, Halloween project..

This one I really enjoyed and felt like I was walking right through the middle of it..and using an ordinary everyday tree dies.




Background first, and not sure why I just don't use coloured cardstock!! 


No fun in that I suppose when I have water and paints right by my side..


and torturing myself by the colours not behaving how it was in my head..


I really wasn't having much luck at the time..


So I painted over it in black..


When that was dry, I used a stencil that I've had for years that I can remember..


And with black soot I made clouds.


and used the ink to make a frame..


Die cut the trees, added some green, then BLACK..
and to think they were pretty Autumn trees the other day..


A bit more black, then they were added to that sky on top of hills
in dark grey and black..


Tomb stones ready to go in, no wait, they are too clean..


So I inked them up and used texture paste to make concrete look..


Tiny alphabet dies cut letters..


Then Holly popped in to give you a smile..


The texture on top of the tombstones..a spider web and spider..


and a big old yellow moon with bats..


All the edges were ripped and distressed..


And I splattered it,  and I splattered it hard.


Not too much dimension and going in my Halloween scrapbook anyway..


Added a purple mushroom border and skull head, creeping myself out..

DONE!!

Thank you so much for stopping by
I'll see you tomorrow.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafty Gals Corner   Halloween colours.

Paperminutes   Self made background

Double Trouble paper crafting  Trick or treat make own background,
 add Halloween images..










17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

eeek Chrissy this is colourful, we don't do Halloween here you know that but a great card xx

Janette said...

Another fab Halloween card Chrissy, your imagination runs wild for sure.
It was nice to see Bev's cloud die again, I remember having it for a while too, she was a fabulous crafter and now we never see her wonderful creations at all.
Have a lovely weekend, hugs to Holly. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great Halloween page love all the dies and the fabulous tree die
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Fun card for Halloween and I'm loving that spooky looking background and the clouds! Love it!
Holly is a cutie too!
Lynn

Chris said...

You create such fantastic spooky atmospheres on your Halloween makes Chrissy, this looks really creepy! Love the trees and the little tombstones and the huge moon lighting up the scene. Your backgrounds are SO much better than coloured cardstock- never stop making them!!!
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous, love your style and the great colours. Haved a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

As I told you before I don't like Halloween, but I do like your cards and I love the making of. Also love that smiling Holly.
Enjoy your weekend.
xxx Margreet

Christina said...

Wow, deine Karte ist so schaurig schön geworden. Gefällt mir seh gut. Danke, dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

LG Christina

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You really are so clever putting so many fabulous details together so wonderfully.
Faith x

Melanie R said...

Lots of great layering, Chrissy! Such a fun Halloween card. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #149. -- Melanie R.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, what a fantastic Halloween project. Love that you included your photo tutorial showing us your unique techniques to bring the background and all the die cut elements together. The moon is perfect and love the moon light on the edges of the trees. Love, Love, Love... thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Park Hopping.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Chrissy! This is some spooky fun with your tombstone scene! You always have so many amazing details in your designs!! I love Halloween and don't mind if you want to keep making them!! LOL Your sky turned out awesome my friend! LOVE IT!

Sarah said...

LOVE this spooky scene Chrissy and it's lovely to see gorgeous Holly helping out!! xx

pinky said...

OMG that is so spooky, so beautifully built and that sky, wow!! Sending Holly a wave!!

Conniecrafter said...

oh that is so cool, I love the dark clouds for night, the trees are cool too, like how you have layered everything together!

Brenda said...

I would be disappointed if you use colored cardstock. This card is so amazing. I love your idea o a Halloween scrapbook.

Billie A said...

great card. Love the details on how it was created. So cool and love the outcome. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner