Followers

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

CHRISTMAS # 22

 Hello everyone,

Christmas card # 22..and all red and green and festive and layers and fun.....but first.


New containers for storing 12 x12 ppers or any papers for that matter, scraps and all sizes just very cool containers and only $8 NZ dollars each..one of the fancy shops here sell them for $24...phfft..



So, while side tracked,  I got these filled pretty quick and went back for more the other day as they sold out real fast..but,guess what..back in stock and I bought them all, well, nearly..



Then had to print labels with my helper..


after eating and destroying several we made it and job done..


This project I'm sharing today was using one sheet of 12 x12 paper
still doing my 6x8 style card...and started of stenciling the paper for interest..




Then cut it into panels and started making poinsettias.



My favorite poinsettia die..cut one green and three red..
then inked them and squeezed them..


added a simple gold pearl..


The pulled out my stamp edge die set and cut some panels out..


just kept layering them up..


Then decided I needed a white poinsettia..


Yep, looking good..


Why not two of them..


A simple stamped sentiment..but needs more..



and just to add bells with brown organza ribbon. 


and that threw no dimension out the window..


and after splatters of white ink..

DONE!!

Thank you so much for stopping by...
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

My Time To Craft    [Got to be Christmas]

Through the Purple Haze    [anything goes]

Aud Sentiments challenge   [Gift tag packing and /or Christmas and sentiment]





13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have bought great containers for your papers Chrissy, here the are expensive too

you have made a gorgeous card.

gr karin

Janette said...

Beautiful card once again Chrissy. Its packed with festive cheer and the splashes really lift it.
You did well with those containers, I have two, they weren't cheap I can tell you, well done. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the poinsettias and your stamp die.
Carol x

Chris said...

Those new boxes look very smart Chrissy, sounds as if you got them for a good price too. You and Holly must stop eating the labels though, I'm sure they're not good for you!
Your card today is gorgeous, a beautiful vintage style Christmas card.
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'd love to be in your room when you play, I could learn so much from you. This is another creative and stunning card. Great boxes too.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card Chrissy! I love the poinsettias and the Vintage feel to the design with Santa and the postage stamp layers too!

coldwaters2 said...

Stupendous festive creation Chrissy I always follow your step by step and you make it sound so easy and what an amazing finished card full of so much beauty
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

Love the photos of Holly playing with the label printer. And I also love your playing with all the poinsettias. It is a gorgeous card!
xxx Margreet

Alyson Mayo said...

Beautiful poinsettias against a neat vintage background! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Conniecrafter said...

Good deal on those containers, I have 3 of them, 2 for Christmas papers and 1 for Autumn papers, they are all full to the brim so I am not allowed to buy anymore until I have made room.
Your card is so big, I have never made one that big before, gives you plenty of space for your lovely flowers, like the images you have used with them and the topping off of the ribbon and bells was perfect!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous designed card Chrissy, your ability to make what ever is amazing xx
I have heaps of those containers to and boy are they useful for everything x

pinky said...

Your containers look really sturdy and deep too Chrissy, well done on that bargain! I love todays card, so Christmassy in the traditional colours and beautiful Santa image.

Brenda said...

Love the wonderful vintage feel. Beautiful!