Followers

Thursday, December 7, 2023

ANIMAL OR HUMAN..

 Hello everyone,

Getting near the end of everything now, a couple more DT posts and then a few more cards and it will be here, the big day, and only 8 of us this year.. "8 " good grief, I can't cook for 8, I cook for 28...but, they all busy with their own lives now, so it is just..8..

But, today is a DT day and time for a new challenge over at Little Red Wagon   and our lovely Imke is hostess and she wants to know, what is your favourite, Animals or Humans..

Well, in my book animals wins hands down, I like a lot of humans but animals for me, and my bestest animal friend aside from Holly, is Barry..



This is my panel choice...because...


I coloured Barry with no thought to what I was doing or where I was going..


Inside the card.. I always decorate the inside, not much, just enough.


Look show excited he is, he just cannot wait..
.coloured with my pencils and a few markers this time.


for the snow, I learned a trick....
put your glue on where you want it, and then dip your card in the bag of snow, wiggle it around, press just a lit bit, 


and ta daaa..thick ,lush, white snow without the mess..love it.


played around with the snowflakes too..




added some trees so Barry looks like he is getting deeper into a forest...




then gave him a little bunny friend sitting on a log to keep him company..


a simple sentiment and DONE!!


so do come and join us with your human or animal project.


Thank you so much for stopping by.

I'll see you tomorow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Ally's Angels    [anything goes]

Crafting Dream   [Winter Landscape]

Critter Crazy Challenge   [anything goes must have critter]











16 comments:

Chris said...

Always a pleasure to see Barry on one of his adventures, glad to see his all rugged up in that deep snow, wouldn't want him to get cold! Thanks for the tip about the snow- will try it that way next time.
You'll be able to relax and put your feet up a bit this Christmas- cooking for 8 has to be a lot easier than for 28!! I don't know how you do it...one year I had 17 for Christmas dinner (sister was meant to help but she was too hungover) - roast turkey with all the trimmings! Getting everything in the oven was a nightmare, as was seating everyone around the table(s)!It was lovely to have everyne together though.
xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with the adorable Barry and his little friend.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

o he is cute and gorgeous Chrissy......gr karin

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Chrissy this is so beautiful I adore Barry and you have coloured him beautifully the little scene you have created with all that fab snow looks amazing this is one top notch make and I agree animals always win with me.
hugs
lorraine x

pam said...

Gorgeous as always Chrissy
x

crafty-stamper said...

Love cute Barry and all your textured snow.
Carol x

Janette said...

You can tell how much you love Barry, he always looks so warm and yummy...haha...a gorgeous card Chrissy and I like the tip for the snow too.
Oh I would be glad to get down to 8 for once, as you know I handed the reigns over to Carla last year, although abit sad its also a relief, after spending more than forty years cooking for at least 12, my health put a stop to it and now I don't mind and Carla enjoys it so much, all good Chrissy, so long as we are all together...xxx

Conniecrafter said...

You do such a great job of coloring him up, too cute, I love your tip on applying the snow I will have to try and remember that one. The trees framing him and then the added log with the bunny just topped it off nicely.
I think I would have a heart attack if I had to cook for 28, I don't even know what I would do with 8, LOL!

Paperesse said...

Awesome card, Chrissy! Love all your texture around the beautifully colored image.

JanR said...

I love Barry! And you've given him such a wonderful scene to frolic in. I especially love all the snow (and the tip)!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Yes - simple! For you it is, putting together a lovely image and making it come to life in a wonderful snowy forest. Just gorgeous Chrissy.
Faith x

Imke said...

Sweet little bear, wonderful scene !

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Sarah said...

LOVE that little Christmas critter and he looks super duper in the snow. Love Barry xx

pinky said...

This is just adorable and so beautifully embellished Chrissy. Wow cooking for 8 never mind 28 is mind blowing for me. We will have 13 here for breakfast on Christmas morning and that's about as much I could manage to cook lol!!

Brenda said...

Somehow I totally missed last week. This is a beauty, Chrissy, I love anything Barry. I especially love a shaker!

Gale said...

Beautiful card Chrissy! Barry and his little friend are so cute. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/